1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to avoid maximum exposure from exhaust gases?

Discussion in 'Safety First!' started by sungoa2010, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Banagalore which is supposed to be 5-6th largest city in India but 3rd most populous after Mumbai and Delhi,might become 2nd in 5-10 years looking at the influx of the people.
    I am always awestruck when I see the population of some of the other cities.

It was my decision live little outside the city Central business area and at least 300 mts away from nearest arterial road.My locality there very little pollution so i down the windows and drive for about half kilometer and then after i am in recirculation mode until I reach office at CV raman nagar(around 27 kms one way).

I am sensitive air pollution , I get choking feeling in the throat and irritation in eyes and nose,but by following this routine I am not facing such issues. I can't think of taking any fresh air as most of roads I travel in is having only the exhaust of the other vehicles!! some of you may not connect to what i am saying but it is reality today for me.

I am not fan of personal transportation but there is no better option as 95% of buses that play in Bangalore doesn't have AC and 5% Volvo/Corona/Benz/Marcopolo have AC's but since they play in main arterial roads pollution does get in and circulated via AC.it is far less though.
    I used to use 3M pollution mask when I used to travel in bus but people used to stare at me giving see the lunatic look!!I still use them while i drive my wife's HH pleasure and nothing much have changed from looks perspective.

My own Dad doesn't believe in using one,I took an article from the internet and added my own few lines on importance of wearing pollution masks took a print out and gave it to him.
    He did follow routine of using masks for just one day but ....

I don't think situation is going to improve as Metro planned is also going help only 14 lakh people but there are close to 1 crore people living in 809.4 Sq kms area.

Plus near to new airport area is seeing rapid developments and at least 40 lakh more people can live there from land availability, at that point of time I don't want to live in this city but to move out, I am already tired of this mad development.

I am thinking of moving smaller cities or tows where I can get connectivity for my work perspective, if My wife gets a seat in XLRI next year I might move to Jemshedpur for next four years.
    -Sat
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    So which team you support Ganges? :)

(sorry for going OT)
  3. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sorry for going Offtopic(last post :D)
    During my college days,i was always big fan of manchester united,during these days here locally in our city(Miraj Dist Sangli) the corporators use to arrange the football matches and there were number of teams from different states :- AP,KA,TN,MP,GOA,sudani boys(students from mumbai).... list continues.
    and i was always big fan of GOA team,after that it was Sudani boys....
    as age gone,job started got lesser interest in football... these days hating cricket as well for the match fixings.....
    2 people like this.
  4. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This point from Prakhar is vital, you should have experienced this many times, it smells odd soon after you enter the car in the morning, or if its parked in a open place for long time during hot climates, please make sure to open the window glass before entering the cabin this will make way to the exhaust emnated from plastics.. :idea: