1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How to add USB or AUX support to punto 2012 dynamic diesel model

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by chkneo, Mar 15, 2012.

1. chkneo

chkneo

Bangalore
    Recently I bought punto 2012 DI dynamic (Oceanic blue) in bangalore.

Is there any way to add USB or AUX support to the factory fitted Audio Head Unit?. Pressing CD twice doesn't display AUX. So I wondering if AUX can be provided?

Please give your comments/suggestions if you have any solution.

IF nothing is possible suggest me a good Head units which can fit with existing front panel. I dont know want to loose the look and feel of the head unit front panel

Is it possible to buy emotion's head unit from fiat and replace the non USB one?

Thanks.
  2. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    Hey Chkneo, congrats on ur purchase

However, it would not be possible to have the emotion USB kit... Coz its a part of Blue & Me from Microsoft.
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Similar post exist. Please search before creating new thread. regarding after market HU you can fix only 1-din unit.
  4. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

malappuram
    kerala
    Linea 1.3
    Try parrot mki series! Am also having the same issue.trying to get one soon.
  5. I brought a Griffin Itrip FM transmitter with mic for TFitien Vithal,quality is very good,it costs USD 52. It lets you take the calls from phome ans play music.
    -Sat
  6. atulkumbhar

atulkumbhar Amatore

PIMPRI, PUNE
    Pimpri
    Grande Punto 1.3
    dear all...

So the only solution for USB or AUX connection is a radio transmitter or any other solution is there as there is no good sound quality....
  7. mightymaveryk

mightymaveryk Regolare

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Check it out here

Mods - Please merge the thread.
  8. chkneo

chkneo

Bangalore
    I got a work around for this.

I didn't touched the audio system at all. I didn't installed the USB. But I bought a belkin DC to AC converter (Rs 1600) and I put my iBall 4.1 in the rear. I use my phone to play songs. Belkin has the USB charging point also to charge the phone. Sound quality is awesome like a room
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Interesting work around !! :up

> Is there significant addditional load on battery due to this set up? Will it affect battery life :confused:
    > Referring to IBall, did you mean the normal home theatre speaker unit? How did you fix it in the rear? Can you share pics please?
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  10. chkneo

chkneo

Bangalore

I dont know about the additional load on battery. I am using the normal 4.1 normal iball hometheatre. I put two/two speakers below the front seats and the woofer on the boot. May be i can share a pic of it. :)