1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How not to be cheated at the petrol pump

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Jan 9, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    This is an interesting find. These guys keep innovating to find out new ways of cheating people!! :)
    2 people like this.
  2. Got cheated at Shell petrol bunk today!!!

Surprised???
    IMG_20131206_092859.jpg

I filled tank full for my vespa today morning, price was showing Rs 295 and petrol had started over flowing at that time. Some one came told the guy who was filling petrol to put additional Rs 5 worth petrol.I stopped them saying what is the point when it it over flowing.
    To my surprise bill was Rs 300/-!!:eek:, I asked him how did it jump Rs 5? he had no convincing answer,I too was in a hurry to go to office I left.

So trusted Shell petrol pumps also cheats.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Shot an email to 'generalpublicenquiries-in "at" shell "dot" com' as link given in the bill did not exist !!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Oh this is new to me, I thought shell is more professional!!
    Thanks for highlighting, need to be more careful even at shell!

- - - Merged Post - - -

Out of the box thinking, hats of to the cunning mind!!!
  4. From: GENERALPUBLICENQUIRIES-IN@shell.com [mailto:GENERALPUBLICENQUIRIES-IN@shell.com]
    Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 11:24 AM
    To:
    Subject: RE: Shell petrol pumps cheats customer

Dear customer,
    We regret for the inconvenience caused .kindly requesting you to update your contact number for further action.
    We will internally escalate to our retail site manager .will contact you at the earliest .
    Your shell activity reference number is “ 50265543"

Thanks & Regards
    Manikandan.G
  5. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    This one i got cheated once when filling at one of the Indian Oil petrol bunks for my bike for 300/- the guy resets it to 0 and then puts the gun into the tank hole and presses the handle for a moment the handle goes off now only 50/- petrol the guy presses again as if it got stuck accidentally and you go the meter shows its filled shows 300/- but actually when i checked it had stopped at that point only i got cheated .. guys please be aware of this trick
    1 person likes this.
  6. Kudos to Shell, with in 8 hours they digged into why this happened and found a fault in the pump fuel sensor.
    Anand from Shell called me and discussed this matter, Also told me that they hire people from backward places that from only NGO's.So I trust them on this aspect. He also requested me to drop in to Shell in future and call him so that he can meet me and show the analysis of the issue.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. harish kotur

harish kotur Novizio

Namma Bangalore
    bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This happened to me yesterday at BP near to Hennur flyover just off ringroad towards Hebbal.

I asked him to fill Rs.500 petrol to my bike and he filled only for Rs101.
    When i told him " guru i asked for Rs500". Just to distract my mind he asked me whether i have Rs1 change and he filled the tank for Rs400.
    When he did that i sense some foul play. before i pay to him, i put by bike on center stand and checked how much the fuel indicator is showing(usually i fill Rs500 petrol when bike goes to reserve), the meter was not upto the mark.
    I told him that he has not put petrol for Rs500. He has no answer for that he as standing quite.
    Purposely i told again in front of other customers that he has not filled for Rs500. This time with louder voice.
    Sensing this the other guy who collects money came and i explained him what just happened.
    Without any argument he instructed the other person to fill for Rs100 more.
    He filled for another Rs100, this time i was looking whether he has set for Rs100 and whether he has filled properly. After this again i put my bike on center stand and checked what the fuel indicator is showing, this time it showed correctly.

I paid through the card and left.

Lesson learnt:
    Never keep your eyes away from fuel station meter, whatever may be the distraction.
    mchanna likes this.
  8. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    If you are paying bycard, always fill for some random numbers like 555, 990, 255 they dont have enough tricks to fool this.
    harish kotur likes this.
  9. Neha Sharma

Neha Sharma Timido

India
    Jaipur
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hello Sir, I found some more useful tips and we should definitely follow : http://newbikesindia.hatenablog.com/entry/get-full-fuel-while-filling-the-fuel
    Pradeepms likes this.