1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How Much does it cost to Repaint TW to New Pearl White Color

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Murphy_Fiat, Mar 25, 2014.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Sham, he has a linea :)

not sure how an abarth linea would look;-)
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
  3. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Tw is very elegant color, i would rather suggest to stay with it, hire a guy for cleaning daily..give a jopasu duster and microfiber to him n keep it shining always...

Spend that amount on leather seats rather;-)
    1 person likes this.
  4. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    yeah the TW color is very elegant but its pain to see small scratches everywhere.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am totally in agreement with shams. Regardless of how best the painter is, it won't be any way near to the factory finish. Consult some professional detailers to see if the existing scratches can be fixed. Re-painting would be the last option I would choose.
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Oops. I thought he had a punto.
    And my friend. Kerala is not only called gods own country its also called cars own country. So you really don't need to search long.
    Finally I'd go with shams suggestions. Tw for a linea is amazing color.
    White isn't really a color for Linea imo

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Spend time washing as anyone you hire for this job will do it only for the money and that matters

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  8. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I guess "Mods own country" would be better suited! :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    That's a straight simple question dude, no need to think that way man.. :D

A complete paint job can be managed within your budget, but the finish depends on materials as well. I know some people who use Sikkens company kit-chemistry for paint work and swear by it. If you want even better result I would recommend Standox, however finding a right source can be a challenge. BASF too is a good company.
    The problem is that paint job people under the name of professionalism sometimes use cheap material and chemistry sets. Couple that with inadequate material used or bad labour skills and you are looking for problems earlier.

If your car does not have too much denting painting job, you can definitely manage this feat in the given price except you would need to ensure your paint job people use good materials. Just ask them to be extra cautious about door beadings and fitments while removing re-fitting them.
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Murphy Fiat, I am jumping straight to typing after reading the intro. I would advise you not to re paint the car as its a 1 month old car. If you are worried about small scratch, why not use this car for at least 2 years and then repaint it if you want it so much. You will feel like owning a new car after 2 years.

For complete repainting of the car, many things have to be stripped apart and it is very tough to see the whole car getting its panels removed within 1 month for an optional repaint that was not required.

Something similar was done by an eye surgeon in Chandigarh who got his Maruti Kizashi vinyl wrapped.

Kizashi.jpg
    1 person likes this.