1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How much discount should we ask for BSIII car

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto551, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I think you can still ask for a 10K extra discount. You can quote what VP had mentioned about the resale value. He will calculate the holding cost when it lies unsold and not many would think the same way as you do and go for the BS3. You may be an exclusive customer and he will court you no doubt to sell the car off. Convincing another prospect will become more difficult as the days pass.
  2. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Yes, you are correct. Its even difficult to get the BSIII new stock vehicles registered in delhi, I don't know what would be the case while selling them after few years as pointed by you. Yes, I feel that discount is not that exciting to take a plunge for a BSIII car. Who knows if Fiat offers 10k extra discount again as it was in month of April and May. Month end is also nearing so I think I would wait and watch for next month special offers from Fiat.
  3. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I dont think there should be any problem in reselling of BSIII vehicle as your car would already be registered, as per my knowledge the vehicles manufactured from april 10 should be BSIV to get them registerd(in 13 cities).
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I now remember. The problem which I remember now was someone having a BSIII car registered in other Tier-II city & is transferred to Delhi later. If after sometimes he wants to sell that car in Delhi, the car needs to be re-registered in Delhi & thats where the problem is.

In this case, the only way that problem comes in that you buy & register it in Delhi now & after 4/5 years if you're in Mumbai (having the same Delhi-regn no.), it'll be difficult to re-register the car in Mumbai (Tier-1 city)

In any case, try to negotiate for 10K more as jumu suggested & show to the dealer that because of this 10K, you're beginning to lean towards latest 2010 BSIV model. If he does not have any more confirmed customer for BSIII, he might as well sell it at 10K more discount rather than holding it more.
  5. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Hello Amit,

I've tried over with that salesman over phone. I showed genuine interest and asked if there is more scope for discount he said no sir this is it. I said ok not at this offer and thats all. He insists its a 2010 model so he can't offer more than 20k extra. No wonder why car is still with dealer after 5 months.
  6. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    I would like to add further that he has offered me 40k extra discount on another 1.4 punto petrol Dynamic variant 2009 model!!. I argued with him when u can 40k on petrol and then why cant you offer same on diesel. He says that its 2009 model and diesel is 2010. I said how does it matter both would be registered in 2010 after all. But he did not budge to take my point :razz:
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    20K difference in Price (between new BSIV & Old BSIII) is a no no.

30K is when it gets tricky

40K is when it becomes attractive

However, it depends on individuals & also thought process at particular time. Sometimes you get a good vehicle also, though old.

If I were you, (as per my current thought process) I might go for the new BSIV May/Jun manufactured product, if the difference is 30K or less. Another risk is since Feb'10 till date, how many months the car is lying at Dealer's stockyard? If anything more than 2-3 months, I would rather skip it
  8. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    I've also given it a skip for time being does not goes well with my thoughts as well. Unless dealer had offered something really good deal with 40-45k discount on it. :hit