1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How much discount should we ask for BSIII car

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by punto551, Jun 24, 2010.

1. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Hello Friends,

I am in process of buying a Punto in Delhi. I came across 2010 BSIII punto diesel and dealer is saying he can offer 20k extra over existing offer so it could be like around 40k total discount. Is it good deal or if there is more scope of negotiation in it. Also, is there any difference in quality of Feb 2010 model and post April 2010 models? Please suggest your inputs.

Thanks.

Samy
  2. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

I dont think there would be any difference between feb2010 nd april2010 model. I only got 10K extra discount for buying BSiii model.
    You can check if you can get co-orperate discount.
  3. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Yes, I am getting corporate discount too of 8k so on road its summing up to 5lk net. But I feel there is still some scope of bargain may be. Its lying with dealer for long after all.
  4. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is he giving you a discount on the "old price" of the car or the "new price" ?

I believe there was some price rise when BS IV became effective.

There will be no difference in build quality in Feb 10 and post April 10 model.
  5. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    he's giving discount on the old price which was valid at that time.
  6. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

There is no harm in bargaining... do as much as you can...neways you are getting 20K more so to me it looks like a deal.
  7. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Yup deal is fine but lets see if he gives something more at top up :D
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    • Take the net price (after negotiating & deducting all offers) that you would have to pay for Latest May 2010 BSIV model
      [/*:m:2x4tzog7]
    • Take the net price (after negotiating & deducting all offers) that you would have to pay for 2010 BSIII model offered to you.[/*:m:2x4tzog7]

If the difference between above prices is more than around Rs. 35-40K, then 2010 BSIII becomes attractive to consider.

You've to also keep in mind that after 4/5/6 years when you resale the car, BSIII will not get sold in certain cities & may fetch lower price
  9. punto551

punto551

New Delhi
    Please find my reply in BOLD RED
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    30K Price difference is just on the border.

The only issue that I can see is when you upgrade to new car, it'll be difficult to sell BSIII in Delhi (am not sure on regulations - I think there is a deadline by which registration of BSIII vehicles are allowed. i.e. old BSIII cars allowed to be registered in Delhi & other Tier-1 cities. Anyone :anyone aware about regulation ?