1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How many Puntos & Lineas sold till date Worldwide?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Relativity, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Does anybody know if it is possible to get this number?
    1 person likes this.
  2. raj29

raj29 Superiore

Hey Relativity, what are you up to :evilsmile !!

am not sure that it would be remotely possible for us to get the worldwide figures, but neverthless we can give it a try.
    For india i think should be possible, but might need a lot of research and some very good contacts which out TFIans have :)
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am on a mission to prove to all the Korean and Japanese Tin cans owners in India that Fiats sell a lot across the world. I am tired of Fiat doesn't sell, Fiat is slow, Fiat is always stuck behind a Fogo or a Swift because it takes 4 seconds longer to reach 0 to 100 than the light weight Marutis and Hyundais blah blah blah. So much rage has built up that the moment I see a non European car on the road I get a bout of road rage and annoy the driver to death.
    2 people like this.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just god damn 4 sec more? What are we doing drag racing? Or are we owning the roads to do racing? Today in city bloody all roads are jam packed, going in 40 is tough. Stupidos i would call them as. Just ignore their points man. For a weirdo, even rat is very cute and lovely. :A
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  5. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Chill Down Relativity,
    We Fiatians drive with Pride, that's what make us special, and of course everybody cannot be Special...
    1 person likes this.
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I always maintained my point on FIAT vs NON FIATs..
    Lesser the people owning it more exclusive we fiatians become and the more heads we turn.

I've now all but stopped getting into quarrels with others.. I just tell them once on what they would miss out should they not buy a fiat and leave it at that..
    And believe me there are at least a dozen who have come back and told me that I was right.
    And that's when i take pride and throw modesty out of the window and talk.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am just beginning to think that all other forums are represented by masses and these masses own all other Brands. Fiat is a minority there and that is why it gets bashed.
    Last couple of weeks I have been trying to defend Fiat on multiple forums and the discussions have become uglier. One guy comes and calls Fiat slow, another says it's a flop as it does not sell, another says Swift has tuned the same engine better and then what makes me lose my cool is that this Figo owner with 2 valves per clylinder claims Punto is a cab and he can zip by it cuz Punto is so heavy and slow that by the time it hits 100 the Figo will be some where else.

What's more annoying is there are car enthusiasts who own good/expensive/modified Cars and are onto racing and stuff but they defend the Marutis and Fords and Hyundai. It's almost like politics. There are a hundred things I use that don't sell in India at all but I love them as they are class leading. You can not reason with these OTHER forums at all.
  8. Arkin

Arkin Amatore

Engaging in such argumentative discussions is really of no use, let them say what they want - we know what our cars are. Let them not annoy you - just laugh at their ignorance.
    >That's a joke. I'm not an expert, nor do I drive much but using both a Punto 90hp & Fiesta TDCi , I can say that for sure.
    BSM 0-100 figures- Figo 16.2 sec, Punto 90hp 15.9 seconds. Our enthusiastic Fiesta driver finds it hard to keep up with the moderately driver 90hp - it is not like he is left biting the dust, but he'd lag behind by a few hundred metres.
    I have climbed Nandi hills twice in Fiesta TDCi and once in a Punto 76hp - the Fiesta could not climb the hill as easily as the Punto could.
    I think the 76hp takes not more than 18 sec. But looking at how 76es have kept up with the 90hp in light traffic, I'm guessing it will be at par with the Figo.
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2013
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    For most Indians value of car lies in its speed or in good mileage. It's like learning a few words and sentences in English(or any foreign language) and thinking you know English. Such a guy will not be able to appreciate Shakespeare or a modern day novel but will pride himself in reading the headlines off a newspaper.

It is related to the theory of not knowing. Here is an interesting article that will explain it a bit more:

Knowing and not knowing

Gets interesting after 'Not knowing you don't know'
  10. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Its quite often that whenever I hit the highways there will be a polo/ figo ian to play with. I can still remember things happened when i visited madurai from kanyakumari. I met a figoian on Nh7. The difference is that I was light on foot while the figoian literally stood on A pedal. The scene goes like this.
    I was at 90kmph. a figoian crossed me at 100. couple of minutes later i overtook him at 90 while he was at 80. Few seconds later I could see the figo zooming in front of me. Again couple of minutes later I overtook him at 90. again He passed me. I lost my cool. I started accelerating gently along with him. The drama was until I hit 120 kmph after which he vanished from my rvms when I stood on the A pedal.
    The sad part of India is that they least bother about safety. I have personally seen Altos, sparks, wagenrs and scorpios travelling at 140s. (In few of the mentioned cars one has to switch off the AC to achieve such a high speeds:A). My friends who own wagenr, alto etc have bashed me severely. They compare my gem with 800:(. They never accept the fact but will be adamant on their decision. When we try to make them understand they in turn make us FOOLS.
    So Just ignore them and enjoy our drives :redcar
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.