1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How many people have you influenced to buy a Fiat

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shams, Mar 5, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

Each horses of your GP fetched two new friends one is called Mr. Heart and other called Mr. Brain:D
    3 people like this.
  2. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

2 from my end... Convinced one of my cousin and he bought FGP BNW 1.3 MJD Emo... and One of my friend who bought FGP FTA 1.3 MJD Emo Pk...

2 are in pipeline... both of them are convinced but actually waiting for their family members to give them green:traffic ... Lets see what happens...
  3. 4 people from myside
  4. For me the experience was the other way around. I just tailed along with a friend who was scouting to buy new vehicle. I absolutely have no idea of buying a car, despite the fact my Wagon R is to complete 4 years in another couple of months time. Had a plan to replace after 5 years. We went to many showrooms . One evening during a break in our class we went to VST motors Anna Nagar and he had a look at Punto. When we asked for TD vehicle he gave us Linea MJD as Punto was not available

My friend was little apprehensive to take it in Chennai city traffic, he comes from a different part of the state. I took a TD within minutes behind the wheel i was floored and made my mind to buy the car and booked it next week. My friend who took me deffered the idea of buying a car for a while, but told me if am buying it will be Punto Mjd BNW. After that i made my sister and a friend to buy Punto. And one more OB Emotion Linea MJD in pipeline which my friend will be booking soon.
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  5. LaTour

How many people have I influenced to buy a FIAT? Hmm... That's a good one!
    To begin with, I should say, the very first person I convinced was my wife. Yes! She was with i10 and WagonR for their tall boy stance and Vista Refresh for it's VFM + exchange bonus. I began with Linea and then settled down for the Punto. The build quality and the looks scored over the rivals. In fact, now a days, my wife herself is on the lookout for other Puntos and Lineas when we're on the drive; she has started appreciating the exteriors of the other Fiats on the road. Even, Palios and Uno are visible to her nowadays. :) (Hmm.. that's the magic done by the Punto, isn't it?) (Who says that only men fall in love with their Punto? My wife is very proud of our italian babe). So, that's one!
    And the second person I influenced to buy a FIAT is.... to be honest, I don't even know him/them. When I was booking and finalising my Punto with Concorde Motors, Ambattur IE, Chennai, there was this family of three (parents plus a teenage daughter) looking at the Vista Refresh and Punto. On chatting with them, I came to know that they had cancelled their Ertiga booking (long waiting period + probable Excise duty hike) and started looking out for other hatches. (Budget isn't a constraint). Then, I made them sit inside the Linea and opened the boot. They were very much impressed by the beauty and space & took a TD; and guess what, I came to know that they had bought one MJD Emotion!

So, 1 Punto (for ourselves) and 1 Linea (for an unknown FIATian) :)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  6. cannonera

cannonera Amatore

Although I didn't briainwash any one to buy a Punto I convinced 2 people to makeup their minds and book one immediately.. So '2' for my count.
    Now, my wife scored '1' the day she stood near a brand new Punto and said why can't we buy this itself! When I was still contemplating of buying a used Indica :eek:
  7. singh

singh Amatore

My Manager Bought , Punto 1.3 Emotion , after sitting in my car and driving on way back from UNA to Chandigarh . He cancelled booking for Swift Zdi .
    My boss was already irritated by waiting of swift , rest The drive of 90km washed swift from his mind .
    Another is my Cousin , was going for Micra diesel , Now will be booking Punto in few days .
    On other hand , i feel good as there are very few fiats on roads , its like any hardly seen Luxury car , Exclusive .
  8. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Although I have not convinced anyone to buy a Fiat, I used to act as a Fiat salesman when Linea was launched, explaining my friends each and every feature in detail. All of them were amazed by the equipment Linea offered.
  9. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    My colleague and a close friend of mine wanted Figo or Fiesta (diesel) in any case since last two years but I could convert him to believe that FIATcars have all the ideal characteristics for safe and pleasure driving, that is why he still uses his M800 to be in a position to afford Punto 90 or Linea2012.

Secondly, my younger brother was not a FIAT-fan (but he is a critical driver,better than I'm), I converted him to love FIATs, so I gave him my-Palio as a gift, espacially his three year old son enjoys the ride. His son has become my fan.

Rest, I find sheep around to only envey my "SnowLeopard".
    S A SHAH
  10. sundar1900

sundar1900 Amatore

I bought Punto mjd Emotion in April'12 and when I drove to my office I showed it to my collegue who was looking for a stylish hatch. He was floored by punto's beauty and wanted to book it. I just told praised about its engine and build quality but I think he made his mind even before that. A month later he booked Dynamic MJD BNW. I think it is not difficult to sell Punto if we target the right audience. The car speaks for itself...it just needs a little push to the prospective buyers. Fiat should note this point. But I do agree there are hardcore Maruti/Hyundai masses where it is difficult to seel Punto. But if FIAT makes the confidence in the market regarding spares availbility, and good A.S.S. then it can easily become top three highest selling car in a year.