1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How many people have you influenced to buy a Fiat

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by shams, Mar 5, 2012.

1. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    Hi TFIians, felt this is an interesting topic to discuss.

Lets post how many people (friends, family or whoever has sought advise on which car to buy) have we been able to convince to go for a Fiat.

Also about those whom we were able to convince technically/logically but they didnt buy it for some reason (such reasons usually are beyond our understanding ;)).

Starting with my experience, i convinced one friend of mine to buy a punto. another friend accepted that punto is a better car but he bought i20 because his wife thought i20 was better and he didn't want to take chances.

Mods: you may move this thread to a more appropriate section.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Way back in 2009, when the Punto was launched, I kept praising about this car to one of my friend who is in Hyderabad. He was not hunting for any car at that time. Few months later he suddenly called me and told that he bought Punto. He told me that he didn't even do TD and blindly went for that car after hearing my praises for this car. He is still a happy owner of Punto MJD and unfortunately he is not in TFI.

And, when I decided to sell my Punto and get a Linea, 2 young chaps had a look on my Punto. Both were not decided to go for Fiat at that time. After hearing to the enthusiastic and passionate talk from us (me and teky), they eventually bought brand new Punto. I requested them to join TFI and yet to see them here :).

TFI'ian, pdranjith was in a dilemma to go for a Fiat or to stick with his Swift booking itself. After we got connected after so many years thru TFI (he was my college mate :)), and after few hours of discussion he decided to go ahead with a Linea MJD.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  3. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I helped 2 of my friends to pick up Punto. One was 90HP and another was 75HP E Pack. But i didn't force them into buying it. ASked them to do the test drive and decide. :)
  4. jiji

jiji Amatore

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India, India
    Trivandrum
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have influenced till date 4 of my friends to get a Punto. They all have driven my car and went to showrooms before making decison, of course my bragging about Fiat's looks and handling has somewhat payed off. Now I m trying to convince my uncle. Till date my friends have bought a 90HP MJD, and 3 Emotion 75HP.
  5. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    I have influenced one of my friends to buy Punto. they took a TD of siwft, i20 etc before buying Punto :)
  6. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    I just influenced with fiat while I travelled in Bravo, Italy
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Everyone of my friend's liked punto when they TD my car.
    Unfortunately most of them are still students :)
    But given the money they would go for punto only after hearing my talks.

PS:: I think all TFI'ans should be given a Paid job by FIAT to talk to potential customers.
    I"m sure Maruthi would become history
    3 people like this.
  8. Pramod N

Pramod N Amatore

Bangalore
    I was able to convince my Co-brother in buying a Palio Style Diesel. Before that he never believed in Fiat...
    After having a TD, that day itself he decided that Fiat would be the CAR.. But, he was confused with Palio style & linea...:) Later he settled for Palio
  9. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Who says advertising works better than word of mouth? This thread is a live example of "effective sell". I don't think anyone amongst the people mentioned above would've bought a Fiat on adverts alone. On my part, I am responsible for four Lineas :) to people who can be called neo-converts now :)
  10. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Thane
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi Chaps,

One of my friends was looking out for a hatch and he was very much inclined towards the Beat. I suggested him to go for a TD of GP, and that was it. He was bowled over by the build quality of the car and by its ride and handling; his wife liked the car's aerodynamics. He ended up buying a 1.2 petrol Emotion :)

He told me that Punto's rear seat is more spacious than Beat, but I am yet to figure that out myself as I haven't done a TD of Beat.
    2 people like this.