1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How many of you have Dealership stickers on your car?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by PatchyBoy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was browsing through the forum when I noticed a post about removing "A Tata Motors Subsidiary" sticker from a Punto, which brought back memories. When I bought my Palio from Manipal Motors, I noticed it had the dealership stickers during PDI. I gave instructions that the stickers have to be removed before delivery, which they promptly did.

First free service, I wrote "NO STICKERS PLEASE" in all caps and bold on the job card. When I went for delivery, they had put the stickers, nevertheless. I drew the attention of the SE to my comments and he got the stickers removed. Second free service, I was prepared. I wrote the same comment, again in all caps on the job card. However, when I went for delivery, I had a printed invoice ready. The invoice stated - Advertising charges on private vehicle bearing registeration number KA-05-MF-xxxx for 6 months @ Rs. 100 per day - Rs. 18000.

When the car was brought around for delivery, I checked and these guys had indeed put stickers. When I was presented and invoice for Rs. 4000, I promptly went to the cashier and handed over their invoice and my invoice and told him - "Please make out a crossed cheque for the balance Rs. 14,000. I do not mind accepting cash also".

It was really worth the effort to see the expression on the ASS people's face. They fell over themselves to remove the stickers from my car and never dared put stickers again, ever. :evilsmile

So, how many of you guys are providing free advertisements for the dealership?

Rajan
    9 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    When I took the delivery of my car, the SA told me that he removed the dealership sticker from the car. I did not specifically ask him to remove. But, after having conversation with me for more than a month, he understood my pulse and he himself removed it. :)
    1 person likes this.
  3. Hurricane

Hurricane Amatore

Hyderabad.
    :clap Well done there.. I hate such sort of stickers. I removed them few days after I got this vehicle.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I even told told to SA that Don;t stick any Sticker's on my Car at time of delivery.....still they put it but before delivery , they again removed it !!:evilsmile
    Right , Showroom name only on " Number plate " , which also gonna change it , this sunday !!
  5. dharmesh

dharmesh

mumbai
    While taking delivery, I asked Balaji Motors, to not to put stickers, but alas it was there, got it removed then and there.

Then during services and repair work, Om Sai Motoros put their stickers on and asked them to remove then and there. Now I have changed TASS to Fortune motors, but still om sai motors sticker is on, which I have repeatedly asked Fotune guys to remove , but they fail to do so. I think when they removfe Om Sai Motors sticker, they will put their own one. :evilsmile
  6. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    It never fails to amaze me how these guys think they can advertise their dealership on private property without getting approval from the owner of the property. I mean how would the dealership like it if I walk into their offices and paste stickers promoting my company all over their office, without even asking them about it?

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  7. My punto still got the concorde motors sticker on it, but the Tata Motors Subsidiary was removed promptly post delivery by myself. I noticed it only at the time of delivery and thought not to let them do anything more on the car, as it was post 6 PM.

My mom was against the idea of removing concorde motors as she started loving the way it sat. so i had to give in, and let it be. Maybe she loved the word concorde, hehe. She used to commute to her workplace for 20-25 odd years on a bus whose name was concorde, i think. Family, after all.
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    My Linea had the dealer's sticker [Concorde Motors] on her rear windshield at the time of delivery, which was removed later by me. However, my Linea was not disfigured with the stickers in any of the services in Concorde Motors, Mysore Road, so far.:)
  9. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    I instructed SA not to stick any stickers on my car
  10. maverick

maverick Amatore

Before taking delivery of my Palio from RF Motors I had requested them not to put dealership stickers, but when I went there on the delivery day, I could see dealership stickers. Called the sales manager and told him regarding the same, he got the stickers removed. Now that they know the car they dont put the stickers.

While booking my Punto at Concorde Cochin, I had asked them not to put dealership stickers. The reply I got was, as per procedures they have have to affix the dealership stickers. My reply was then I will not book the car from you. Took delivery of the car from them without any stickers, never had any issues with stickers during the service, they know my car very well.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2012