1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

how many heads have you turned?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Jul 13, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I was yesterday going to vasco and I spotted a electric blue punto. I haven't seen this colour for quite long time. Even though I have a punto my head turned as that car passed me.:-?
    2 people like this.
  2. FIATs command respect. I could share couple of incidents.

1) My dad post retirement works in an University, i used to drop him everyday in my old vehicle Wagon R. The security used to lazily come and open the gate ask for the ID of my dad every time before letting the vehicle in. After i changed to Linea. I could see the security these days on spotting the car on the road few meters away rushes to open the gate and will be ready to give a grand salute when car passes through the gate. No stoppage no security checks. Its a nice feeling.

2) I study in government IAS institute in Chennai- Anna Nagar, earlier i used to park my Wagon R and nobody bothers me. Typical government establishment no body bothers students or care a damn. The first time i went in Linea and parked, I had Principal In- charge rushing to me thinking that senior official have dropped by and gave me formal salutations. I was controlling my laugh and later i couldn't see his face when i said i am a student there. Even now i have staffs giving me salutes in hostel just because i drive that mighty monster.

These are two incidents i could share apart from countless incidents of making heads turn in signals everyday and definitely i feel girls notice FIAT drivers more than Suzuki drivers in personal experience :) Yes cops are lenient to FIAT because we drive with Passion and Responsibility
    8 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
  4. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Sungoa, I'm very sure many of the FIAT owners might have had the same scene of 2 wheelers looking back at the car..
    Its now so common to me that I've lost count of it.. Nonetheless I still feel very happy and smile.

Today amidst the rain also I saw a lancer fellow actually trying hard to get out of his seat and turn back and look at the car, I was pleasantly smiling.
    I generally drive with only parking lights/ fog lamps these days so I looks even more special..
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    For me its countless....mine one and only one Punto with Abrth strips, Logo and graphics in Pune :).

I really enjoy it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    The only car that can beat punto in this head turning count is Dezire, if you don't consider to which side he turns:D

---------- Post added at 06:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 AM ----------

This thread will be more useful for that purpose http://www.teamfiat.co.in/hangout/6448-career-advice-thread.html:D
    3 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    kedar, I wish so too.. but I've already seen a lot of punto ABARTH in blr.

Btw, Bangalore folks I had recently been to the sticker shop in kormanagala to get the a sticker re-done at that time the guy told me there were a few puntos that had visited him recently and quoted my name and got the stickering done.
    may i know who you guys are please?
    I"d like to catch up , AFAIK and as far as that guy told me there was 1 blue punto .
    Will the owner please stand up ? :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Hi Sham,

It was me and Anish went there on July 7th
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    You want to keep track of Head turns? Come on mine is a Punto and you get no less than half a dozen head turns each hour you spend on the road - from interested glances to downright dumbass stare.
    I have been followed and inquired, stopped and inquired (thankfully not while driving) more times than I can count with my fingers during my 35 months of ownership.

You missed the Verna deformed! :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Last Monsoon when i had been to Mumbai, I had taken my grande to nashik, On my way back i gave the City a horrible chase it was for few kms say 10 to 15, But at curves i would overtake him easily without a grid on my face as i was just enjoying my drive, Curving on punto is just like cutting the hard butter with a hot knife. And at the Hotel where we stopped for a Tea, this city was already parked, and these guys came to our table and asked me the about the punto, How come you manage those sharp curves with High speed, I simply said drive it to believe it, and even said its only 1.2, They were stunned as i was chassing them at 145 kmph.

I have also seen many people just turning their heads towards my punto on the streets ans the same thing whenever i see Line/Punto i just turn my head towards it and smile to myself, Ahh i am driving the same.