1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

how many heads have you turned?

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Jul 13, 2012.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I didn't find a thread like this so starting a new one ...(Free friday you see)!!

Anyway point of this thread is to list out all the nice things that have happened to TFI'ans because of our beauty and in turn has made us proud.
    I'll go first.

There have been a lot of people turning around at signals to see who is driving a car like this (it was more apparent in the early days of puntoing)
    Some of the most happy moments were .

1.) I was stalked by 2 girls on an activa for about a km and they constantly tried to look at the ABARTH stickers and the red grille and were smiling.. I Immediately put on my sunglasses and started to show off
    (I let them pass and started driving with the fog lamps/parking lamps on) it was such a beautiful experience.
    2.) Recently when i was driving down to Dodaballapur I had stopped for a cup of tea en-route, That's when 2 guys on a bike came up to me and started "Telling me" how good this car looks from a distance.
    It was during this chat that I realized that these guys were on the other side of road coming towards me , they saw my car parked on the side so it seems they actually traveled about 500mts back to reach an intersection so that they could get to my side of the road and then come and have a quick chat with me..

I was so happy , I went on blabbering about the car, I think I might have influenced 2 more guys to buy a punto ;-)

Now you're turn.
    4 people like this.
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    happened to me as well...
    i came outside of the hotel with my family in well nice formally dressed,before entering into the punto ,saw two gals in swift exactly in front of me at distance of 15 feets.
    while passing them they given a horn and thumbs up::T

i'm still thinking whther it was for my punto or me..... :D
    definitely for punto as they were sitting in ugly swift....
    7 people like this.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Great thread, theblack.

I went to Guruvayoor a week after getting the delivery of my Linea. I stayed there for a day and while leaving, the security guard got stunned to see my Linea (I think he hasn't seen a Linea in his life) and he came to me and asked 'Is this a new model from Fiat?'. I told him it is there for quite sometime. He remained stunned and told me 'Nannaayittu undu' (means 'It is very good').
    4 people like this.
  4. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Some guys were so lost, they couldn't notice they were dashing my car slowly with their activa! :D
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks..
    But i'm called a bit of a car freak at my in-laws side.. You should have seen their reactions when i pull out my car (all cleaned) .. ha ha..
    The kick i get seeing them (I mean even writing about the experience) is next to no addictive drug, I say!
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It can be loard Guruvayoorappa himself, as there are lot of tales of him changing his rupa and reaching to devotees. But there is a special reason for him to come to you as your line's colour is the colour of his favourite butter:D

---------- Post added at 07:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:56 AM ----------

Whenever I park my car in front of a accessory shop or alignment shop people come and ask about the car. When the car get lifted for alignment it looks more grand and I have seen people passing turning their head and looking at it. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/punto-1-4-fire/1067-owners-pride-exotica-red-grande-punto-1-4-emotion-8.html#post102385

I have seen cops having a great respect for punto. I have seen them stopping a red verna in front of me but not me(touch wood). One reason may be them seeing more puntos/Lineas respecting road rules and other its unmatched looks which demand respect not disgust. Swifts are favorite choice of cops.
    5 people like this.
  7. ajuvignesh

ajuvignesh Amatore

Chennai, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum.
    Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @sungoa
    absolutely cops have a special respect on fiat. I often see them admairing my punto. they do not allow cars and other four wheelers to be parked at a specific locality in my area but its always an exception for me(touch wood).

On the day of registration I parked my beauty just in front of RTO office and was waiting for few officials in a dtp shop nearby.few minutes later one of my friends came there.He enquired about my presence there and I replied that I was here to get my car registered.when I pointed my car to him he exclaimed.what happened was few of his friends saw my car and rang him to say " one new punto is being parked just in front of RTO office.looks gorgeous in that colour. Must see it"

Its a common sight that when ever bikes overtakes me( mostly through left :A) 50% of the pillion riders turns back to see my car. Those experiences cant be expressed in words.
    3 people like this.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Only around 1.2 Billion. :)

Seriously, i noticed a few taking a double look at the Linea ( Or maybe they were looking at the monster seated in the driving seat :-?).

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  9. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    All set to turn a lot of heads tomorrow with fellow members at the TFI-Hyderabad Monsoon Meet.
  10. viveksonkhla

viveksonkhla Amatore

Noida, India
    NCR
    Linea T-Jet
    When I am driving...I am too busy enjoying the drive to notice who turned and which way he turned.