1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How important is the service record?

Discussion in 'Pre service query' started by PatchyBoy, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Get the service done at FASS.
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Get the service done at FASS & remember to check everything has been done as per owners handbook. Every oil change, every inspection, every part replacement should be mentioned on the invoice. The company denies warranty/extended warranty even if one thing is not done as per their schedule.

I have seen this happening in Delhi. One of the customer got his car serviced at FASS but they didn't change the gear oil. Now he has some problem with steering & the company is denying him the replacement under warranty as the oil was not changed as per schedule !

Keep your eyes open.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2013
  3. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    Sort of in context, I got my 45k service done on 19th dec 2012 with a few days remaining to complete 24 months (which is eq. of 30k in their schedule). Now I am yet to make it to 60k(58.5 now) but i will already breached 12 months from last service (19th december). So do i stand in violation of their 'ext warranty clauses'? or can i relax for another 2 weeks when i hit 60k and then go for the service? my running has again picked up after 4-5 months of trips and work from home etc :D
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Few days is acceptable I believe , there is a thresholds the milage plus dates for servicing, sadly my GP lost its EW as I gave mine 2 months post the due !!
  5. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    One more advantage at FASS is they would have all the appropriate tools, which, is difficult to find in any outside garage or if being serviced at home.

If one could be with the car for whole time, when it is being serviced, then, I believe that would also take care of the peace of mind part to some extent.

I believe there are some countries where, we could rent out a garge with necessary tools for a day or so, in order to get own car serviced.
  6. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Dear Rajan, I suggest you take the service from FASS for the records sake to keep the warranty safe in case any requirement arises, there is always option after moving out of the warranty period for your own choice.
  7. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hi All,

I have done my Fourth paid service at Oberoi Cars, Noida. But, they din't took the service book leaflet which i was suppose to give during first free three service interval and in the bill also their is nowhere mention of Fourth Service and when i asked them they told me that the leaflet is no more required as it is being paid service and we will have all records in their computers.

Is it safe to be like this ?
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013
  8. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think its absolutely safe. They do maintain the service records. Recently my friend asked me about a used Linea he was planning to buy, coincidentally I was at service center that time. I asked one of my familiar SA there if I can check history. Complete 4 yrs data was in front of me. Including a warning that he hasn't done a service which due since 5 months.
  9. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    But, if you go with the service leaflet then Fourth service has to be on 45k Kms and mine done at 35k. As most of the people like me used to get the engine oil and others changed at 10k interval. So, my point is how they will consider the service history as a good one and at proper time interval.

From my view, might be they compare with the maximum time limit provided by FIAT and if anything goes above that then probably extended warranty gets void. Correct me if i m wrong :)

for ex: timing belt - 60k ; lubricant 60k or 2 years etc.
  10. ViPr

ViPr Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Either its KMs or Time interval in months (from the data of sale) whichever is earlier. So in your case even though its only 35K on ODO, but it must have completed 36 months period. So there are few things like Fluids/filters needs to be replaced at this moment (irrespective of KMs). However, some some parts e.g. replacement of Clutch plates/timing belt, they will do it on need basis after inspection. They put their remarks in the service history I believe for the list of parts replaced and inspection review of parts which doesn't need replacement at this moment.