1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How I bought TJeT

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 T-Jet' started by turborider, Sep 28, 2015.

1. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Disclaimer - This is my first article in any auto forum so please lower your expectation. I can't promise you an expert's view or technical nuances but I will try to compensate that with honesty and to the point narration. And by comparing with other cars I have no intention to disrespect their owner's and admirers.

Background -

I learnt driving in 2006 when I gifted a Santro Xing to my mom. It was family's first car and joy knew no bound. In the first night we couldn't leave her in driveway and those pics clicked in the middle of night with smiling faces still moist my eyes.

In 2008 bought i10 Era for self and thanks to this car I slowly and gradually moved from riding to driving. In the middle of 2012, wife's company decided to close the bus service and she started taking i10 (Chauffeur driven) and I went back to riding :)

Since then I was looking for a car and finally bought XUV W6 in the middle of 2013. Before XUV I and wife were pretty happy with i10. But enter XUV in life and wife would always complaint about ride quality, bare bone i10 especially on Monday. Little investigation and the culprit was weekend ride on XUV ;)

So we decided to upgrade. Just had two criteria in mind since it will be chauffeur driven:

1. Ride comfort shall be in the league of XUV if not better than

2. It shall be a petrol sedan within 10L

With these two criteria in mind I started with TDs and online reading. Cars considered:

1. Vento:

First test drive and was very happy with the build quality but the TD car was pretty old and had aged. So went to Thane showroom (name don't recollect) and saw a black Vento displayed as soon as you enter to showroom. I was sold!!! Took a test ride again nothing to complain but nothing to like. It behaved like an obedient child and that too on a discount ~80K.

2. Rapid:

They were offering plenty of discounts and I liked the way car looked from all sides. Then there was a modified Rapid displayed at JMD in Thane and even wife liked it. We decided to not look further and close the deal based on who offers better deal.

3. City 2014: Neighbor bought ANHC 2014 and asked me to have a look. I hate the front look of this generation and the last generation. But the showroom at Knajurmarg brought vehicle for TD at no time. And boy! What a smooth gear shift it had. I was like - asked the sales guy to keep mum and started selling the car to my wife. But wife’s feedback was “ride comfort was as good as i10”. Sorejected. But this was the first car that was TD and put a smile on my face by silky smooth gear box. Bravo Honda.

4. Verna: Went to Modi Hyundai, Knajurmarg - while I was parking my XUV asked wife to go ahead and have a look. She was back before I could finish parking :( Apparently she sat in the car displayed in the showroom and found it claustrophobic (at the back bench) and refused to have a second look. Took her to have a look at Elantra - same verdict. So didn't take the TD andrejectedit. :( I wanted to take the TD as I found servicing of Hyundai professional (remember I have i10 as well).

5. Fiesta 2014 (diesel): Went to Chembur and was rejected as they didn't had a TD vehicle, attitude of sales person was negative and it was a diesel vehicle.

6. Linea - there are two Linea in my building (later noticed both are T Jet), asked one of the guy his feedback - pat come the reply if you don't care about mileage (~9kmpl in btb) and bad servicing then go ahead. Called Balaji @ Thane and they got a Multijet in worse possible condition to my place. I was OK after the TD but wife was grinning. It was so comfortable that in the worse possible road (near her mom's place) she was pretty comfortable but she found the interior little boring. So called up Torrid and Esskay for TD of T Jet. Esskay came home in an hour with brand new 2014 T Jet with 200km on ODO. Took a long TD though all possible scenario that Mumbai can throw and wife was still smiling. I was happy with Steering feedback, build quality, acceleration, braking (Much better than my all 4 Disc brake XUV) and professionalism of Dealer.

Now had three cars to deal with:

Linea – My wife liked it the most but no discount

City 2014 – I loved the super silky smooth gear but no discount (Wife had rejected it)

Vento – No likes and no dislikes, Dealer discount was around 80K (Wife was OK with it)

Finally went through reading about cars once against and googled for Accidents these cars have met and how they fared. Found a link in TBHP about how a stone laden lorry tipped over Linea and occupants lived with little to no scratch. And made up my mind that Linea TJet 2014 will the car.
  2. limraj

limraj Superiore

Trivandrum
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations and welcome to FIAT family.
    Can you compare XUV to TJET?? ;)
    turborider likes this.
  3. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Pics Please .
    I guess you finally bought it from Torrid?
    Which part of Mumbai are you from?
    turborider likes this.
  4. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @turborider : Brilliant decision bro. You bought the best petrol sedan in the segment :D Congrats and welcome to the Fiat club!!
    linea4me and turborider like this.
  5. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks Limraj. Car has crossed 15K KM in 14 months and its absolute delight to drive.

Yes avithe1, I bought it from Torrid. I live in central Suburb where I have the privilege of JVLR, Eastern Free way and Eastern express way. In case I want to avoid traffic then Metro is the call. :) Hope you got it.

Without doubt Turbothinghy. So impressed with Fiat that trying my best to sell Punto to my brother who is planing to buy his first car. Only chink in the armour of fiat is service. I wish it can match the wonderful product.
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    What is this??? An ownership thread and no pics. Ye na chalbo. Why is the ownership thread so late?

Heartiest congratulations on the Jet. Suddenly its raining jets on the forum. Is it the mouth watering discounts that is making people go for the best sedan in its class known from handling and ride quality or is it that people have started loving Fiat again.

Happy flying in the Jet. Fly safely.
    turborider and Turbothinghy like this.
  7. nikhil0405

nikhil0405 Amatore

Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Congrats. Enjoy your ride and drive safe.
    turborider likes this.
  8. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome to the FIAT family!

Congrats on buying the Jet! Must say, your wife has a great eye for selection of cars. Wishing you happy jetting for miles to come.
    turborider likes this.
  9. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats and welcome to the family, You must thank your wife :)
    turborider likes this.
  10. turborider

turborider Timido

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Nikhil - Thanks, its a pleasure to drive

Mahesh - Thanks, earlier XUV was the default choice for weekend ride but now I prefer to ride XUV in case of longer drive (more than 200km) or if bad roads else it is always T Jet.

Thanks Murphy. I did had double mind after TD of City. But thankfully wife only had one criteria in mind - Rear Seat Comfort and Linea came passed with flying colors.
    Murphy_Fiat likes this.