1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How hard is the boot to close in Linea?

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by PankajJoshi, Jul 3, 2013.

1. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    Folks,
    Boot door on my Linea requires some muscle to close. One would have to use bang it to so that it locks. Security guys in my office have never been able to close in one attempt.

Raised this with FASS (Butta Hyderabad) and I was shown another band new Linea where is was much harder then my car. The logic given was modern cars have solid suspension so boot doors can be had to close. I don't think so.:confused: Have tried Honda city boot and its so easy to close.

Do you have the same issues in Linea?
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Have the same issue with my Punto hatch door. It's a major headache with the Office security guys every morning. They bang it hard atleast 3 times every morning. Im sure the Rear glass will break one day.

Nowadays i either get down and close the hatch door myself or tell them before hand to leave it open so that i can close it when parking

The trick on mine is that if it is pushed from a certain height, it closes without much fuss but the security guys follow what is common to most cars than our antique pieces, so this is a real pain.

Coincidentally, i was troubleshooting and comparing with my friends punto last weekend and his hatch closes pretty easily while mine bounces and remains unlocked. A closer investigation revealed that the Grommet rubber on each end of the hatch door might be the culprit and is causing the door to bounce. Tried adjusting the rubber's but no luck.

Will look for the rubber at TASS since 99rpm does not have it right now, although they said, they'll try to add in a few days.

All the above is with respect to my Punto and im not sure if the same applies for your Linea.

hatch.jpg
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  3. PankajJoshi

PankajJoshi Amatore

Hyderabad
    Hyderabad
    Linea 1.4
    @ Vj_v1

The symptoms are similar in Linea. Where did you find the lock assembly diagram?
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    ^^ So, i've been to the SC yesterday for my scheduled service.Pointed out the hatch door issue to the newer door mechanic (jumped from concorde) Mohammed. He adjust the lock ring and that seemed to have resolved the issue. However, im yet to see if my office security manage to close the door correctly without the second bang for a few days.