1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How hard can it be ? Bangalore to Ladakh in a Linea

Discussion in 'Travelogues & Experiences' started by rohit tunga, Sep 6, 2012.

1. rohit tunga

rohit tunga Amatore

Bangalore
    How hard can it be ? This is a phrase commonly used by one very popular BBC presenter, Mr Jeremy Clarkson when they attempt something preposterous like crossing Africa in FWD cars or driving to North Pole OR (in my case) driving a Fiat Linea across the length of India and up and over some of the most difficult passes in the world. Here are some teasers:cool::cool:

mini-Picture 008.jpg mini-Picture 018.jpg mini-Picture 080.jpg mini-Picture 093.jpg mini-Picture 118.jpg mini-Picture 177.jpg mini-Picture 247.jpg mini-Picture 258.jpg mini-Picture 283.jpg mini-Picture 322.jpg mini-Picture 1073.jpg
    pdash, nkrishnap, tps11 and 34 others like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Wonderful Rohit. :clapping

I am thrilled with these pictures. This is the second Linea which I am aware of to conquer the Himalayas after J.Ravi sirs.
    Come on Punto owners. I am yet to see one there. :)
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Whoaaa! SIMPLY AMAZING! Congrats Rohit! No words to describe! This again proves the capabilities of a FIAT. At time when people are bashin FIAT for poor sales, your post bought a smile on my face! Thanks buddy
  4. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    awesome pics man... you had posted a travellogue in tbhp as well right? i think i saw them in an fb page also :)...bring them on the rest with the log !! tuscan wine linea looks impressive in those backdrop even when dirty :)

@ramjin.. another linea was flagged off from cochin yday.. took this from fb :)
    Hope he also comes back n post his travellogue here .. he is there in our fb page..should be here as well !!
    260176_503122813050532_778641634_n.jpg .
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats ROHIT!Please start posting your detailed tl with more stunning pics,ofcourse.Congrats again.
  6. tungarohit

tungarohit

Yes Varun, I have posted in T-Bhp as well but it is still in the Assembly Line section.

Thanks guys for all your good wishes. I will be posting details very soon ;)
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    An awesome effort there Rohit. Major props to you. Do write a travelogue as well. We'd love to read.

Ex FIAT CEO Mr. Kapoor drove one T-Jet to Leh as well. Stuffed with all head honchos of FIAT. He shared this fact at the 2012 launch event. ;)
    3 people like this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It should have been wonderful experience Rohit. Do post the complete travelogue including the planning phase, We're planning to take this trip in Aug'2013 and it should be useful for that.

Yeah Yeah - We're hearing it Miss.Linea ;)

But there was someone from Bangalore who posted a TL to Leh with his 90HP, Unable to find that though.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    1 person likes this.
  10. aashish_19

aashish_19 Amatore

Noida
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Sungoa Leh (Ladakh) is something you can't get it until you visit it physically... its more beautiful than any camera can take pics of it... even i too got attached to that place whenever i see my pics .... simply awesome place \m/ :wow
    1 person likes this.