1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How good is Matrix International SIM card ?

Discussion in 'Gadgets / Electronics / Laptops' started by keshav, Jun 17, 2010.

1. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Hi,

Has anyone of you used Matrix International SIM card while you were traveling ?. Is it better(Tariffs and service) than having international roaming enabled on Indian SIM ?.

Thanks,
    Keshav
  2. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    i have used it in SGP, incoming calls are free and rental is 1 sgp dollar per day.
    But better option is to buy a prepaid sim at the destination airport itself that works out be much cheaper.
  3. Matrix was really a good option uptill recently when Airtel came out with there own travel card. It suits you much more especially if you are an Airtel customer. The other thing you should check is to get a local sim in the visiting country. e.g.: its cheaper to get a prepaid sim in UK instead of taking Matrix.
  4. keshav

keshav

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reply guys. I get the point , it makes more sense to buy the local prepaid number. Matrix has some clause for penalty if the SIM is lost too. Not worth it.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to arvind and manu

your first option should be buying a pre-paid card in the destination country

Matrix is definitely cheaper than intentional roaming on an Indian SIM, but it is still expensive compared to a local SIM.
  6. I am a dealers of Matrix SIM Card, please call me on +91 8971827117 if you are looking for Matrix SIM Card, or mail me on nimsbusinessservices@gmail.com
  7. I have used Matrix on my trips to the UK, Germany, Netherlands, France and few more places and so far I have not paid more than 250/- for using it!!! This card is best if you only want to receive calls while travelling, for which there is no charge or a minimal one. If you want a provision to make calls as well, look for other options.
  8. lokeshrathod

lokeshrathod

Matrix sim card is really good for the sort trip. But if your are planning to stay longer and want to have your international number well in advance you can think of getting international prepaid sim card from India itself. E.g. for USA sim card india calling is as low as $0.15 per minute.
    However prepaid sim card does not cover all the countries e.g. if you are going to Japan , Brazil, south korea etc. then Matrix sim is the best as Matrix offer handset also for the countries where normal GSM handset is not compatible.
    We provide Matrix international sim card and wowtel international prepaid sim card in Mumbai.
    Kindly contact us to get the same.
    Lokesh,
    M: 9619499291
    Web: http://www.lokeshbusinesssolutions.com
  9. Vikky

Vikky Timido

USA
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    *****MATRIX IS A FRAUD and THEY WILL RIP YOU OFF

I recently traveled to Europe and purchased sim cards from Matrix, they assured me great service.

When I landed in Europe I didn't get any signal and the sims were unusable, I tried to call their customer service and they didn't offer any technical support and didn't show any concern to resolve my issue. I had to basically purchase another local sim card in Europe.

I received a second shock after my trip when I got a bill from the company and charged me credit card (NEVER PROVIDE UR CREDIT CARD INFO TO THESE CHEATERS), they charged me for extra data, phone calls which i didn't make and whole lot of hidden charges. I bill was 5X times higher than the amount they said I will be charged and i was totally shocked.

I tried to call the agent and customer service to find out about the bill, they initially said they will investigate and let me know. I kept calling them every week and they offered no resolution, they started hanging the phone calls and gave me lame reasons. They have the worst customer service.

This is a rogue company with horrible service and they will rip you off.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE CHEATERS!!! and FIND ANOTHER PROVIDER
    vivek_lko likes this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Sue them in whichever country/jurisdiction applicable.