1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How effective it is:Car Scratch Remover??

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Nikhil Goel, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Nikhil Goel

Nikhil Goel Amatore

2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Nikhil opt for proven products rather than going by 'Seen on TV' products. I am not saying that all products are crap, but most of them are. Mothers, Meguiars, 3M etc has got fantastic scratch removal products.

Even the seller's rating doesn't seem to be good.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    i bought one of those..its useless.....left marks on my car....anyways it will not work on deep scratches.......
    read the product reviews before buying it..

i bought this.....
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/190670405332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_991wt_905

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:39 PM ----------

i bought one of those..its useless.....left marks on my car....anyways it will not work on deep scratches.......
    read the product reviews before buying it..

i bought this.....
    http://www.ebay.in/itm/190670405332?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_991wt_905
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    During waiting for petrol filling one sales person approached me and started explaining about the scratch remover. He then applied it on my alto(silver) and I later found there is a clear mismatch of colour in that area. Stick only to branded and well proven items only.
  5. Ferrariscdr

Ferrariscdr Amatore

Karnataka
    For minor swirl marks and very light scratches you can use Formula one scratch remover. Its good and I m using it. Good part is - it doesnt buff off and makes your car paint dull, its light and for hair line scratches it works best.
    1 person likes this.
  6. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    The ad of this product is shown on Discovery Turbo. One can cleary make out paint mismatch in the demo they show. As mentioned by fellow TFIians, stick to reputed products.
  7. guys how about ABRO or armorall??
  8. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Best proven way is to use some 2500 or 3000 grit sand paper and a bottle of liquid polish cheapest, effective, best
    Sand paper 15 bucks
    Bottle of 3M liquid polish (best for minor scratches)- 89 bucks
  9. Linea2013

Linea2013 Timido

Trivandrum
    I agree, sanding is the best option, but doing it without proper knowledge can give an opposite effect, so I don't suggest anybody that unless you know what you are doing. If the scratched are not that deep, try some compounds like Gtechniq P1 with a Lake Country Orange Hand Polish Applicator unless you have a polishing machine.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I have been using Meguires ScratchX 2.0 for a while, so far was able to remove/mask away the minor hair sized scratches.