1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How do you clean your car?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Pran, Sep 27, 2010.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Fiat specifies 10 parts of SC 35 mixed with 90 parts of distilled water for use as windscreen washer fluid.
    [attachment=0:bvy5cth3]Windscreen washer spec.png[/attachment:bvy5cth3]

Windscreen washer spec.png
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    i had Honda City Black... the car washer mentioned that to retain the gloss, he would need parachute coconu oil onc a month.... he used to put this oil on the wet cloth after he had washed the car.... rub the body gently... and then wipe it clean with dry cloth... this had 2 positives and 1 negative
    1 Gloss retained / wet looks
    2 and natural anti rust for small scratches etc...
    -ve :: if not wiped out clean... dust accumulation... this might be due to the color of the car (BLack)...
    but i think this fella had some sense in cleaning.... every one who looked at my car would ask if its repainted recently !!!.. it wasnt !!! :wink:
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Coconut oil trick look quite innovative and a Green idea too. Only problem is unlike dry surface bigger dust particles tend to stick on to the surface when oil is present resulting in scratches while doing a dry wipe, hope your washer don't do that. I will give a try with coconut oil the next time I do a full wash. :up
  4. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    A word of caution before u use coconut oil(or any oil)It has no anti static properties , hence dust accumulation will be much higher , faster and will be a tedious task to remove dust and oil both. Also it wont offer any protection to ur paint , on the contrary it will damage clear coat layer on the paint -- Atul
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I agree on initial part of the comment by Atul, but would like to know how would oil damage the clear coat?