1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How do you clean your car?

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Pran, Sep 27, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The most stupid answer on this thread. I clean my car with Water.
  2. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hi. I think Petrol and other spirits have to be strictly kept away from them.
    You can wash them with a solution of mild soap and water.

:lol:
  3. Pran

Pran Superiore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was not a fan of windscreen solutions (and car shampoos) until I got a very small bottle (20ml I think) of the concentrate for 20/- and I mixed it in a tankfull of windscreen water. Til then I used to get a blurred windscreen, but since I have started using the solution its crystal clear, except for the 2 trails of water left behind by the wiper. I have to try car shampoo as well some day, who knows my scheduled cleaning may change its pattern after that.

@amogh : such quotes reminds me of college days when we used to tease our profs and lects with such answers :lol:
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    @Paddleshifter, thanks for the Suggestion buddy.

I will try out with some mild soap, lets see what is the outcome.
  5. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Well i get my car diesel washed at the close by pump for 200 bucks once a month.. he gets everything washed...

On a daily basis i get my car washed by teh guy at my place with normal water.... i use some liquid soap at times and not always..
    My car is due for a washing a and polish at the Car Spa soon..:)
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I was a bit upset for some months about the faded look of my car inside plastics and had discussed with Amogh a couple of weeks back.
    Yesterday I decided to polish the interior plastics of my car and I bought a bottle of 3M dashboard polish. I am happy I polished the insides and am smiling again. It took me 45 minutes to do the job . I applied the polish to all the black and grey areas and all of them have come bak to life again. I applied it to the door handles, the front area on the bonnet near the wiper. The black is now true black and it all looks rich.

Guys , it is easy to do. Just follow the instructions on the pack. Use a clean cotton waste or sponge. It costed me just Rs.100/-. I am sure I will do it better next time. It is a real refresh for the car and will be great if done every 3 months atleast.

abdul
  7. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    "Where in Blore can I get Jopasu or California car duster ? "

Take the left when you hit the Jayanagar 4th block/bus stand (opp to BDA Complex)...you have the Junction Shop which sources quality car accessories including the above. Contact 41462027/9945552146/9341261885 to check stock. You get 10% discount for T-BHP membership
  8. Aaah, only if you had given me this info 2 days back. I ordered it from EBay on Saturday and got my pack today :)
  9. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sorry Mate..had been on long rides until y'day and had less chance to look @ TFI...neverthless, this store is quite impressive with so many branded items (at least to me)....take a visit sometime and the place isn't tough to find at all !
  10. Skywalker9

Skywalker9

Bangalore
    Hey Guys,
    Can anyone name the liquid that I should mix with the windscreen washer ?