1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How do we simulate a problem to the SA and make him Understand about the problem?

Discussion in 'Technical' started by kirenh, Mar 10, 2013.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!,

I have a March 2011 90HP Punto which has crossed 60K in 2 years despite it was in the workshop for more than 3/4 months & I was not able to use the car for more than 3 Months. ( Total 6/7 months out of service).

Problem 1: AC - The temperature was varying erratically inside the cabin despite have a ACC. After trying out & checking everything in the book, every time the car was sent back saying all the problems has been solved. Finally, The GM of the SC drove the car for 3 days and accepted the issue. From the condenser,compressor, to sensors everything was replaced. But the problem was not solved. Finally one day they replaced the whole harness and the problem got solved. But with all this, an issue of outside smell coming into the cabin even in recirculation mode has started. The SC must have tried atleast 2-3 times but the problem persists.

Problem 2: Steering Vibration @ high speeds and while braking. The SC replaced the brake discs @ 30k saying that is a standard procedure. But with this change the vibration also has started. After complaining many times, the SC finally replaced the discs FOC, but the problem was still there. Finally took the car to an outside agency for balancing who some how brought down the vibration @ high speed, but vibration while braking is still there.

Problem 3: There is a noise which is coming from the left side. This comes only on bad roads. The noise is like when you shake a enclosed tin box with something in it :D. Everytime the car comes back saying they have found no problem.

Problem 4: There is a kat noise when you release the clutch. This is usually heard or felt when you are driving on smooth roads and without any music on.

Problem 5: I hear a noise of something which is rotating at high speed can be a turbo whine or something else, but its unusual :). This noise is heard mainly when I am on high speed with light foot on the acceleration or when I decelerate :D.

All these problems and many more are very difficult to simulate and make the SA understand in their tiny spaces. I always ask the SA to drive and check, but in Mumbai they can hardly speed and further with the noise around they can hardly hear the noise and hence return the car saying problem solved. Most of the service guys are not competent enough to handle an issue confidently and by just telling them about an issue, they cannot a visualise or assess a problem. Hence the problem remains :(. This is true not only for Fiat but all the companies. Further most of the SC's are in a crowded locality where in none of the problems can be checked properly.

Hence now I am stuck with some issues which always keeps bothering me while driving. I sincerely hope my car does not breakdown in some remote place.

Kiran
  2. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hey Kiran,

Which service station you have gone all the time? let it be. My mama is the Delivery manager in Fortune. If you are in mumbai then do call him on 9821021239, 9223326803.

He will help you to resolve your problems. Also give my reference to him too :)
    2 people like this.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi, i suggest you take a short drive out of the city for one day with a SA and try to show him all the issues, may be plan a route where you can simulate all the issues you have.
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I have done this quite a few times - 1. To show & check the wind noise, I had taken the manager/Engineer on long drives on the EEH between Mulund and Ghatkopar :). 2. The GM of the SC had taken my car for 3 days with my permission and used it in various conditions and found out what I was trying to convey was indeed happening wrt the ACC.

Kiran