1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How do Fiat sell demo cars? Especially in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by sageeshr, May 27, 2015.

1. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    This is common practice in Kannur(Kerala) too. When i got my car delivered, I was told that they will be off loading the truck at Calicut and then drive car to Kannur by road (90km approx). The problem they mentioned was they don't have enough parking space in Kannur.
    I raised problem that whether I will have option to reject the car during PD, after it is driven for 100KM, I was told that the Odo can be disconnected and that is how they normally do.

I was shocked to hear the dealer openly telling that they will disconnect ODO and drive it.
    anoopktla likes this.
  2. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    Looks like buying a new fiat car is not at all transparent, that's what I learned from my buying experience :( Scared to recommend to friends/coleagues.buying experience
  3. rejin_r

rejin_r Amatore

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
    Let me make it simpler,. most of the dealers does this, only surprise is that fiat folks are dumb to tell it to customers.

Recomending FIAT car is still one of the best thing, that you can do for a good friend.
  4. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    cars are too good.its the people and their attitude make things complicated.
  5. Soumik

Soumik Amatore

Kolkata
    Linea T-Jet
    I believe it depends on the dealer. Just today Garodia Fiat painted a 2015 test drive Linea and tried to sell it as a new 2016 vehicle!

So it really comes down to the business ethics of the particular dealership. You can't do much about it other than doing a proper PDI yourself and keeping your eyes wide open during inspection. :)
  6. metal_heart

metal_heart Amatore

Noida
    Linea 1.3
    This sure is unethical, but does this make economic sense to dealer; to dis-mantle the complete car; re-paint to a different color. I'm sure, he must have fiddled with records as well (Invoice from Factory to Dealer and temporary taxes if any).

He could have offered cash discount of equivalent amount (above all other offer) and could have got rid of car cleanly;
  7. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

Kolkata
    Demo/TD cars are sold by dealer separately but most of them were sold by reference or local used car dealers take them. As per my knowledge TD/Demo cars were mostly registered in RTO. Well known brand like Maruti and Hyundai have their own used car departments and there you can see these cars.

If you are looking for used cars only then Demo cars would be a great option but it depends on how much price they ask.