1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How do Fiat sell demo cars? Especially in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Dealership Reviews' started by sageeshr, May 27, 2015.

1. sageeshr

sageeshr Amatore

Bangalore
    Sarjapur Road
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How do Fiat sell demo cars? Especially in Bangalore? Do any one know about it? How are they sold? Is it with discount by mentioning its a demo car? Or hide the truth,refurbish the car and sell?

I know how Maruti does it. If a customer is very keen on budget and the top variant of a car,Maruti gives an option to buy demo cars by giving huge discount.One of my friend got an offer and he rejected it.

Please share if you have any idea about fiat on it.
  2. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    @sageeshr It actually depends upon the dealer's ethics. I don't think this is seen only on B'lore but is present everywhere with differing magnitude. As you mentioned most of Maruti dealers are upfront but I personally know some cases wherein Maruti dealer in Pune tried to sell demo car to a customer portraying as new one. Fortunate enough the customer did a thorough PDI and was able to sense something going wrong.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    demo car and Test drive vehicles are different ?
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Demo cars or TD vehicles are sold by dealers as I am told company partly pays for the vehicle cost while the remaining is to be borne by the dealer. The dealer can offer substantial discounts with limited warranty and terms and conditions since the car is technically, 'second hand' or 'used vehicle'. In some cases for dents and bruises dealers take care of these things and recover cost in the final sales price of the vehicle. It is a practice I believe everywhere in India. Perhaps abroad too.
  5. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @asimpleson:
    sad thing is, in some cases dealers sell these demo/TD vehicles as a brand new car.
    dealers disconnect the ODO and use for TD.
    Question: As a buyer how do i make sure the car im purchasing is not a TD/Demo vehicle ??
  6. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Simple 1st Check Odo Meter, if it is in 3 digits suspect few rides been made.
    It is not that easy to disconnect the odo for Fiat cars, for that he has to open up the Speedo sensor, to access that he has to open the Transmission case which for sure is not a small job for a ASS to do.
    2nd check general apperance, generally TD cars are used/abused a lot definelty you should notice small things like Sun visor cover/Seat cover(Plastics) torn/removed, the new car smell fades away which only happens if the car doors are open frequently, dirty sear covers or dirty floor carpet, last but not the least the Temp reg, if it's been removed or been stuck on the windshield, suspect jolly rides on the car.
    asimpleson and Deepak like this.
  7. mangeshtendulkar

mangeshtendulkar Amatore

Pune
    Off Topic, I do remember an instance when I was TD Skoda Rapid. I needed a Petrol variant as per my usage hence was keen to get hands on 1.6 Petrol motor however Skoda dealer in Pune didn't had Petrol TD at that time. Suddenly in an hour got a call saying a Petrol variant is available, I was happy but as soon as I saw the vehicle, I was shocked. It had proper MH12 Registration number, no Test Drive Vehicle sticker (which was present in their Diesel TD vehicle) and there was god idol on the dash. Definitely this was some customer's vehicle which was handed over to ASS for service and was used as TD vehicle. On ethical ground I denied having TD on that vehicle and asked for designated TD vehicle. I got one 3 days later but this situation scared me a lot with the feeling that how many time would my car be used like this...
    asimpleson and Deepak like this.
  8. Sujit508

Sujit508 Amatore

Bangalore , Karnataka
    Bangalore
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    In Bangalore atleast, when the Evo was launched the old Grande punto Test cars were offered with discounts and the TD Car Label on it. and it was sold as a used car. I dont remember the exact discounts. the Odo readings were around 5k~8k kms on it.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    there was a news few days ago FIAT showroom @ Trichy running brand new Avventura as a TD vehicle. Surprising thing to the person went to take TD : ODO was disconnected :( reason given by the SA was they don't have the demo vehicle!
    Tornado likes this.
  10. anoopktla

anoopktla Amatore

Kochi
    kochi
    Linea 1.3
    When I took the delivery of my car, the dealer said it arrived from another city(35+km away,) but the speedo was showing H -17! I dont think tampering with speedo in a fiat car is difficult.When I asked about H17 and the location from where the car arrived(I took delivery from Kochi,car was claimed to come from Moovatupuzha, another city), they admitted all cars come like this.Even these days I see aventuras, evos with TP running arround as TD cars, But the tjet, Multijet they have are registered cars with no TD sticker on it.