1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How did you hear about Team-Fiat?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Klub Class, Jan 22, 2011.

1. Sanjay S

Sanjay S Timido

Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    Hi, me kotia, got to know about the forum while looking to buy a car. I ended up buying a Linea D. I cant say I love the feel of riding the car yet. May be because I am new to diesel cars. Having said that, I still love the looks and the interiors of the car. Way better than any other cars that I have seen. Window shopped for City, Rapid, Sunny, Scala and Verna, I liked Linea the best and fitted my budget. Need a little advise on how to get the best out of the car. My only problem as of now is the initial pickup, I have been driving petrol cars for over 10 years now, this change to diesel has not gone well with me. So any advise is very much appreciated. Thanks
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Hello everyone. I joined a couple of months back when I was about to buy Punto Evo. So started going through the ownership reports and other great threads and my decision to buy a Punto got strengthened even more. Its a great place to be in :)

@Sanjay S : Your profile shows T-JET but u said that you bought Linea Diesel? Regarding your initial pick up, let me clarify some of your doubts, if I can. I own Evo 90 hp and it shares the same engine as that of your Linea diesel and even though Linea is heavier, the tuning of the engine is on the same lines. Like you, this is my first diesel car and had always driven petrol cars before. MJD is a smaller displacement engine (1.3) so it might not be as drivable as a 1.4 Figo or 1.5 Micra. Also, its quite heavy (both Punto and Linea) for their class. But, then also its not that bad. Its just that you need to be at the right gear and right RPM. Just keep the RPM above 1500 and upshift at >= 2000 RPMs. All your problems will be solved. And if you really want to fall in love with your machine just take her to highways because Fiat cars belong to highway, there you will find its true colours.
  3. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    for some reasons MJD in fiat takes some time to open up. just let it run few K kms. You gonna love the engine after that.
    Shifting from petrol to diesel will obviously make you feel the lag in all diesels. not just in Linea/Punto. IMO lag in FIAT is over exaggerated. I don't see any trouble there.
  4. Anirudh

Anirudh Novizio

Mumbai
    mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Well my love story for Fiats started way back when i was a child growing up seeing him drive the wheels of the white fiat uno he had and was it fun, since those days i have been always passionate about all the fiat cars specially the way they are built and the way they look. I will not deny my pals and others have tried verry hard in convincing me that fiats arnt great the other cars get you the money well spent feeling, whos gona convince them, soo as i was researching one day i happened to stumble upon this site and man was it an eye opener or what and i was convinced i wasn't the only strange person there were many many more and i was over joyed and i joined as an Enthusiast and improve my knowledge and when the time came to purchase my own beast i gave it no second thought and gifted my self a fiat lenia tjet, tho shes used I will always love her like shes my first car
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. testdrive

testdrive Amatore

Chennai
    Google.
    I have tried to register in known BHP site and too many rejections, and then started gathering details about suitable car. I got to know TFI one day, and registered an account in TFI and FIAT. last one is a know result.
    Amit Rox likes this.
  6. Abhiram Bavisetty

Abhiram Bavisetty Timido

Kushaiguda
    Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    A.V.Motors,Hyderabad

I have been to A.V.Motors Hyderabad recently and I have queried regarding my passion towards punto and at the same time my worry regarding fiat's not up to the mark service.

When the sales guy asked me what is the source for me about the poor service of fiat, I have quoted few car review sites. Then he suggested me to once go through TF. That's how I came across this wonderful site :):):)
  7. Bharath Balasubramanian

Bharath Balasubramanian Timido

Hyderabad
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Hello All,

This is Bharath here from Hyderabad and a big Carbuff. I drive a Polo and have equally immense respect for the Italians. I have always known these blogs and frequent them on a daily basis. Finally I have joined in because I have my own of anxieties and queries that I waned to share with you all. Happy Motoring...

Regards
    Bharath
    prabhjot and Turbothinghy like this.
  8. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Good to have a polo owner in a fiat forum. Even I respect the Germans, its just that they are relatively more expensive to maintain :D
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Bharath,

Good to see a Polo owner in the Fiat forum. Are the anxieties mentioned by you regarding Polo ownership or Fiat? Do I assume that you are planning to switch over to the Italianos?
    GirishRaghu likes this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    prabhjot, Ravi and Turbothinghy like this.