1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How can we display title/ browse folders in HU display?

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by 4mylinea, Aug 30, 2012.

1. 4mylinea

4mylinea

Hello Folks,

I have Linea MJD 2012 Emotion; I would like to know if we can browse through folders in USB in our HU display, I know that it is possible in front console display...I see that the HU just displays "Media Player" and not the song title or lets change or select folders through that display....
    Please throw some light on this...

Happy Motoring!!!
  2. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You cant browse through the HU display or its from HU controls,the only way to browse is through steering controls or use voice commands.
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Contributing one more fact.

The HU displays Media player because the songs are not being played by your head unit. They are being played by the Microsoft Media player software in Blue&Me system. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore

But the Sound controls and the microphone used for B&M is placed in the head unit only :) One must expect the head unit should display whatever is played by media player/MS Media Player.
  5. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Microphone is located in the cabin lamp assembly near inside rear view mirror if I was told correctly. Sound controls for Blue and Me are strictly the ones on steering.
    1 person likes this.
  6. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    I meant the volume control/Equalizer etc. when you play the media from USB.
    I always thought those are two mic in the HU which are used for B&M command ?
    Now after reading the post I feel mics may be in cabin lamp assembly (the location makes sense), and those are temp censors for Climate control ?
    LineaHU.jpg
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
  7. fiat_grande_punto_multijet_interior.jpg

I was told by my SA at Concorde, Kochi, that the mike was located here in the circled area.

Using an image from google search, cuz i couldn't find one of mine with this angle.
  8. PaddleShifter

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    As per my understanding:

@Soumenpaul- You are pointing towards Cabin temperature sensors.

@Rahul- You are showing the sunlight sensor. :)
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Any idea for other cars with blue tooth where the microphone is located.
    If we sit in correct sitting position with head slightly up RVM position looks like receiving more vibrational energy than a position somewhere below. Right hand side(up) will also receive more disturbance due to more reflecting surfaces and outside wind(in case of travel with opened window)
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai

sunlight sensor? Can you please explain the use of it?