1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How can TFI / TFI'ans help people with low IQ

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by theblack, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    To begin with I'm NOT sorry for the strong tag.

Now lets get the story started..
    I've been driving my dot from '09 and even after 3 years The dot is always on the dot.
    I've tried to tell everyone i meet that this may be only a dot but for most its more of a line than what they can handle.

So in plain english now..
    I've lived and am living extremely happily with my punto and the only sadness i feel when i sit in my car is that FIAT has FAILED again.
    people are free to make choices but more often than not they really dont even care to look at a choice..

<SNIP>
    Over a cup of coffee my colleague was happily asking me how Toyota etios liva is and i was invariably bragging about my beauty then he tells me that he's just bought one..

Me (Very first question) : Did you test drive the punto
    He : I didn't drive it buy my friend actually hinted at punto being a better car and asked me to take a look at it.
    Me : So did you take a look at it
    He : NO
    Me : WTF (there goes another one, i thought to myself)
    Me : Did you test drive the Liva
    He : No , but what is the cost of a double DINN system
    Me : .......

Coffee over i went back sad.

This is not the first time i'm facing an issue like this and i'm very sure its not only me who feels this way.
    Why are people blindly believing in "something that even they dont know" ?

Then i come back home and log in to FB to see posts on Team fiat moto club.
    1.) punto VS ..
    2.) punto VS ..
    3.) Linea VS ..
    VERDICT (Everywhere) : FIAT is really making good cars.

So what;s the problem then..

The aim of this post is not to discuss why people are not buying fiats or what FIAT is doing wrong in putting that image across but for us , We TFI'ans or TFI as whole to start thinking of an initiative or anything to start helping folks realize what they are missing out on..
    Any suggestions or ideas , please put it across...
    3 people like this.
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Sir, i do understand your concern. I too face similar situation with friends and colleagues all over. People have this mindset about some thing. Just like Bata shoes. At some point in time, Bata shoes just sucked to the core. Still people love it. Hence i see coca cola, pepsi, etc. spend billions in just brand imaging.

W.r.t initiative, i always keep talking about FIAT cars where ever i get chance. Yes peeps start saying ya ya it sucks in ASS, i say not any more. Just wait and watch. But you know people mindset, once some thing imprints on them its forever. But hey its a very very slow approach.

It was never easy for Hyundai or Totyota to increase their sales when maruti was dominating market. But it took time and great deal of effort for them too. So i guess for TFI folks, its the same. We always have to preach or publish the good news and try to avoid or rather speak about issues with a lot lesser tone. More tone = more affect ;)
    1 person likes this.
  3. rishike007

rishike007 Esperto

Mumbai-Pune
    Pune- Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Really we were missing such type of thread. But no waiting anymore :)

I usually here these questions from my friends who has i20s & figs.
    But I have a strong answer for them?

Are you feel safe in your car? or the build quality, stability of your car is that enough to save you or your family?

Then no reply from them.... as really these guys are not taking this point in consideration before buying their cars.
    1 person likes this.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I'm sorry but who are we to say someone has low IQ just because he/she rejects FIAT. That makes no sense at all.

It's a free world, people can accept or reject FIAT as per their wish - even if they may be misinformed. The right to reject a particular brand is their own right.
    13 people like this.
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    When I bought my first car, I did not even know driving properly. No TD. Just bought it.

Does that mean I suffer from low IQ? I just have enough IQ to be a member of Mensa :(

But now, if people who can neither drive, nor own a car are also vouching for FIAT's quality, just based on what others say, then I am sure we have come a long way. Sure the road ahead is tough, but I am sure we will get there, eventually.

Rajan
    1 person likes this.
  6. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    I agree with Gurjinder here, its like us ignoring/rejecting other brands, ofcourse we have our reasons (the legacy), but yes there is a lack of knowledge, I have a friend who owns a I20, he asks for suggestions if he has trouble with his car, I never let an opportunity go to UPHOLD Fiat at that time, he has driven my beauty, he knows now that it makes him feel safe and the ride is good, with very little problems as compared to his I20, i think I may have instigated a future Fiat Buyer here :).
  7. People believe in what they see, but atleast they should decide it in their own instead of blindly following someone elses suggestion..priorities varies from person to person, but when people say I bought an A car because car B didnt have 2-din HU,really doesnt make sense..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2012
  8. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If we imagine you as an outsider then I am afraid he may get very bad impression about we Fiatians if we criticize them for their choice of freedom. I too agree that Fiats give best cars in their class. But if some one want a chilling cabin and go for Figo I can't blame him. Same with some one having more members in family and a spacious cabin going for a Jazz. If some one says i20 is a better car to drive on Ghat/Highway I will definitely question his IQ.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes everyone is free to make their decisions.. But rarely does one come across folks who make decisions without questioning right.. And the IQ thing was aimed at that..
    I'm not saying that people who dont buy FIATs have low IQ, What I'm saying is that they should at least look at something called FIAT or consult others..

If FIAT has had a bad run in the past owing to our passion towards FIAT , I was just wondering if we as a platform can do something to get people's mindset altered a bit...
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I guess Black is trying to say that some people lack IQ in terms of car market. They dont have enough exposure to all car brands and their qualities. They mostly choose because their neighbor both a Honda city or colleague bought a Swift dezire.

Some reject Fiat outright, saying shi utne price mai honda city ati hai.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.