1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How can i Better the music system ??

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Saumya Daan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

So My ICE is :

Rs.5000/- Pioneer MVH355BT
    (Since its a one time investment - The Media receiver I am considering is a Bluetooth one (MRP-6990 and i am getting it for Rs.5000/-) (This has A2DP so i can connect many other devices and not only phone.. so this becomes a wirelss stuff).
    I was suggested to install this with a frame at the bottom of the glove-box where there is space provided.Hope this works simultaneously with the Delphi - Stock HU in the car , which i am told it will work. )

Rs.4500/- JBL Components GTO 609C - 360W - Front (Installed)

Rs.2200/- JBL GT6-S266 (220W,2-way) or JBL GT6-S366 (260W,3-way) Rear

Rs.12000/- = TOTAL Approx.

Sounds Good?? what say Guys ?? :)
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
    3 people like this.
  2. cooltaurean

cooltaurean Amatore

Mumbai
    hi saumya, i have been also contemplating getting some work done on the sound department. stock speakers suck. frankly reading so many threads is confusing but your combination looks good; and hopefully will sound good. do share your experience once its all done so that others like me can also take the leap :d
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Installation screenshots Plz :)
    If it sounds good to your ears thats all what matters.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

- - - Merged Post - - -

bro , I was in the same FIX as u r now.And a huggee worry was my Warranty due to wire cuts.. but i got the company guys to do the job outside and they have installed it without a Blade right in front of my eyes !! SO warranty absolutely un touched.....

As of now i have changed only the front speakers to JBL components... n there is a good sound improvement already.... im not saying there is a THUMP n BAM.. but its much better than the previous ones... infact i have to now reduce the volume n set the EQ right.. cos the behind speakers are yet the old ones... i will soon change the entire thing... so yea.. lets see.. il keep posted... Im eager myself...

in fact.. now even the CONVEX FM transmitter sounds good... leaving behind a fainntt noise behind..which at higher volumes is unnoticable.. so im now in a fix as to fit the pioneer unit or just let it go and save up there too..and just change the behind speakers.... infact i m thinking of tryin out a bluetooth dongle receiver that can get connected to the FM Transmitter-USB port and consecutively to the fone... if that works.. i guess then im a genius !! hehe wait n watch..
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2012
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The headunit in the Linea and Punto does not produce enough juice to power a good set of component speakers. One will require an amplifier.

The guy who does the wiring has a OEM type couplers to ensure no wire cutting is done. Will post a detailed post with the stuff going in to the car.
  6. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    If you are on a budget, get Pioneer 3-way for the front door and 2-way for the rear doors.
    Take a look at my post also in the same thread you can find many other options.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

well good job bro..well in all the confusion.. i went about seeinf various sites and the best that my money could buy... so i got the JBLs.... neverthless.. ur on the same platform as me... u saved even more.. n ya.. i dont knw how.. but the FM transmitter has miraculously changed the output..hehe... im happy
  8. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
  9. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

Bro this looks neat... but then I wonder if this will connect to any tablet that has a Bluetooth ? like will it connect to an Android-tab only that doesnt have a fone feature ?? cos in the specs i didnt see A2DP for Bluetooth that allows various BT devices to connect.. i suggest check with the dealer.... the stuff looks good tough .. n i had a JVC in my previous vehicle... today too.. the rim has broken due to my error...but the sound n system is yet going great after 8 yrs.. so yea.. JVC is quality for sure..!!
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. Saumya

Saumya Amatore

mumbai
    Nokia HF210.jpg

_ Guys see what I got .... this is the Nokia HF 210 Bluetooth Car-Kit.. which easily fits on the sun visor or any other place and is dammmm easy to use.. more over it had an MRP of rs.2240 whereas i got it as a promotional scheme at Hypercity just today for 50% i.e. Rs. 1120/- and its worth it.... i searched for such stuff online and there is nothing less than Rs.2k for a brand... And this is with Warranty too!! aur kya chaiye boss.. im happy !!
    1 person likes this.