1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

How can i Better the music system ??

Discussion in 'In Car Entertainment' started by Saumya Daan, Sep 23, 2012.

1. apraveen25

apraveen25 Novizio

Hyderabad
    Sorry, I do not have any information for HU, AUX etc..
  2. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

FOR SPEAKERS:
    Im sure to go on for the JBL components in the Front - Rs.4500/- (MRP.6990/-)
    http://www.indiajbl.com/CarAudioDesc.aspx?ID=114

regular speakers at the back - Rs. 1800/- (MRP Rs.3490/-)
    http://www.indiajbl.com/CarAudioDesc.aspx?ID=110

retaining the tweeters behind (if they exist else i will shift the from front to rear ;))

Now about the HU I have 3 options:

1. Since a 2-DIN doesn't fit in the car I am forced to select from a 1-DIN HU & in that case :

a. I remove the factory HU of Delphi and replace it with a regular fully-loaded panel with Bluetooth + AUX + USB etc. (Cost Rs.6-7k + Frame will cost Extra Rs.1.5-2k)
    http://www.pioneer-india.in/shop/mvh-355bt/

b. I Retain the Factory HU of Delphi & install a Digital receiver in the area below the Glove-Box, that will have everything except a CD player and to play the CD i'll use the default system. (Cost Rs.3-4K Only). My only worry is if 2 systems be connected at the same time or m i being too creative here hehe.
    http://www.pioneer-india.in/product-category/car-entertainment/head-units/digital-media-receivers/

& c. To buy a better quality FM transmitter like a Belkin or I-trip and let the HU remain. (Cost Rs.1.5-2k)

Please Advice guys...!! i Desperately await...
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Sorry to add to your confusions.
    Here is my suggestions

1. Dont remove the stock HU, its pretty good, i wont say its best, but its good. Install your components, co-axial and connect with you HU. If you still feel that the audio quality from your HU is not upto your mark, then decide on chaning HU. Go step by step and not just loading up everything as others suggest. Every ones ear is different, you got to build it as per your taste and likings

2. Given that you have emotion pack, that means there is an AUX In, probably its been blocked by Blue & Me, you can either piggy ride the same (reffer other aux in threads) of check if you can route it via CD Changer Aux In Mini Iso pins.

Finally please read many HU and ICE related threads, there has been plenty of details and experinced shared, that will help you how to move ahead.

Listen to our advices, but follow your ears :)O
    1 person likes this.
  4. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

thanks for your reply bro... even i m thinking to folow the same steps ..
    i have an emotion and not Emotion pack.... hence the pangs &
    How about a flipout single DIN HU.. is that a good option ??
  5. 1)You should change the HU,as the OEM one doesnt have any RCA port,so installing a converter will again be expensive,and anyways the HU doesnt have the punch to deliver the speakers.
    2)For the components consider Rockford fosgate prime series,will cost 6k,but definitely worth it...Plus try to get the damping done,will cost approx 2.5 for dynamat for front doors..
    3)Considering you are changing the HU,it can easily run any low-mid end co-ax..
    4)If budget is a constraint go for AMP and woofer at later stages..
    1 person likes this.
  6. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

today I went to install my JBL Speakers & I just got saved from a guy who yesterday told me that the JBLs are under warranty ... n now when I go to install them today... he tells me that the warranty is his own SHOPS.. wow... lucky me.. i had called the authorized seller in mumbai of JBL who told me that the shop was not the official re-seller... n that he may be selling grey market / pirated stuffs... anyways... i immediately came out of the shop.. and then found another guy who is authorized re-seller of JBLs...whose is giving me the same thing for a mere Rs.300/- more...... pheeww..such liars i tell u...!!
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Many modern generation Amps come with Speaker Level Line Inputs, Blaupunkt, Alpine, JBL, Kenwood, Infinity ...
    Try for Class D Amps, they are less power hungry, compact and less heat with higher efficiency.
    Generally Amps job is to add in the punch, that is amplification, HU helps it with better clarity of sound and ability to manage channels as per individuals taste along with various functionalities.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

Guys as Advised and guided by all here..... JBL GTO-609C <--- Just installed these JBLs and the sound has changed sooo much.. there is a better thump and clarity now... now my aim is to install the behind speakers along with a digital data receiver under the glove box soon... retaining my Delphi stock HU... so it should be "MISSION ACCOMPLISH" soon...i.e. budget makeover for sound in car ! :)
  9. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I'm fed up with playing the cds on the stock system. Is it advisible to go for the below? I not an audio phile but just want basic usb connectivity

MVH-159UI |
  10. Saumya Daan

Saumya Daan

I will be installing the same by this weekend... MVH355BT or may be the without Bluetooth Variant i.e MVH-159UI... if you can wait till then.. ill let u know if it works... :)
    1 person likes this.