1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hotmail replcement - Outlook.com

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by Ravi, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have tried Outlook.com yesterday, this is replacement/upgrade for Hotmail/Live.com users.

Though I had Hotmail account, but I was not using from last few years, or say after started using Gmail.

I like the new web interface of Outlook.com. Layout is pretty simple and good looking.

I recommend use it once at least.

newmailinboxandchat.jpg
    5 people like this.
  2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I created a new account with outlook.com yesterday. But i dont think i will be migrating to it any soon.
  3. I am a regular user of Live.com I liked hotmail ambiance than anyother emails like yahoo or gmail. Good news atleast for me. Will immediately check it out.
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Ravi for sharing. I have immediately registered for an ID. Let me try this out and see if I can move out of gmail. I have now become, one of greatest hater of Gmail. To be precise, I hate all of google apps (including android) except for the search engine. :)

Edit: Just checked out the the outlook.com. It is much much much better than Google and Yahoo. :D
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  5. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I already had live id (MS even allowed me to retain 25gb on the skydrive). Earlier account on Live was from an external mail id. I have now changed it to outlook.com.
  7. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Facebook integration is excellent in outlook.com. I am liking it more.
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    One more nice feature I saw today.
    I composed one email, and I was supposed to attach one file, but before attaching, I clicked Send, but outlook recognized the attachment word in my email and asked for confirmation. Brilliant!!
  9. SoumenPaul

SoumenPaul Regolare

Bangalore
    Thats a cool feature indeed !!
    btw, I have created my id few days back and got the one I use it for all other mails :) I liked the big writing area and simple links/navigations.
  10. rahul16

rahul16

Cochin
    Hey guys.. can we configure outlook with microsoft office outlook?