1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Hotels And Eateries Located Along Indian EW/NH/SH

Discussion in 'Hangout' started by J Ravi, Apr 12, 2011.

1. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Whenever, we drive on a highway, the second-most important thing to take care of is food for the driver and the passengers, next only to the fuel to the car. So, I am starting this exclusive thread so that we can get information on hotels and earies at one place. Please give the details of hotels and eateries with both positive as well as negative comments. Let me start with two recommendations. More to come later.

Route info/NH: Bangalore - Mumbai NH 4

Location: Near Kolhapur - from Bangalore to Mumbai on the right side after Kolhapur

Name of the eatery: Sai Food Court [Vegetarian]

Details of food and facilities available: Delicious vegetarian south/north Indian food, clean toilets, ample secured parking facility

My rating: thumbs%20up.gif

Route info/NH: Mumbai - Ahmedabad NH 8​

Location: Near Bharuch - from Mumbai to Ahmedabad on the left side opposite Gurdwara after Bharuch​

Name of the eatery: Bharat Petroleum Ghar Dhaba [Vegetarian]​

Details of food and facilities available: Mouth-watering vegetarian north Indian food, aromatic masala tea, clean toilets, ample parking facility​

My rating: thumbs%20up.gif
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
    amogh and (deleted member) like this.
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Kamat Upachar On NH 4

There are many Kamat Upachar eateries on NH 4

Route info/NH: NH 4

1. Near Kolar [60 km from Bangalore on LHS] attached to IOCL Jubilee Retail Outlet

2. Near Dobbespet [60 km from Bangalore on RHS] attached to IOCL Jubilee Retail Outlet

3. Near Sia [120 km from Bangalore on RHS] attached to BP COCO retail outlet

4. Near Ranebennur [from Bangalore on LHS] attached to Reliance pump

5. Chabbi near Hubli [from Bangalore on RHS] attached to Reliance pump

Name of the eatery: Kamat Upachar [Vegetarian]

Details of food and facilities available: Delicious vegetarian food, ample parking facility

My rating: Good
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    If you are travelling to Pune from Aurangabad, Nagar there is Hotel near Pune at Wagholi. If you are fan of Maharashtrian Non Veg food then you have right place at Wagholi Pune.

Hotel Kaveri.
    Pune Nagar Highway.
    5km from Pune towards Nagar.
    They have another branch on Pune Solapur Highway ( NH 9 ). The food is so delicious. They have ample parking & good facilities.

I had the best non veg food in my life at this hotel.
  4. deepu

Some Good Hotels in NH 47 - Ernakulam to Trivandrum sector
    1.Hotel AL SAJ - Kazhakoottam Near Trivandrum
    2.Hotel Bright - kottiyam near Kollam
    3.Hotel kalpakavadi - Thottapally near Haripad
    4.Brufia cafe - Alleppey - Nice Biriyani you get
    5.Hotel Travancore Palace- Cheratala - Good Kerala Cuisine
    6.Hotel gokul -NH Byepass ERnakulam
    7.Hotel Chimney - Edapally - Near Ernakulam
    I suggest this hotels as Best and reasonable
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Hotel New Jaipur

Route info/NH: Jaipur - Ajmer NH 8

Location: Between Jaipur and Ajmer located on LHS of NH 8 after Jaipur

Name of the eatery: Gujarat Palanpurwala Hotel New Jaipur [Vegetarian]

Details of food and facilities available: Delicious and soft tava chapatis, dal fry and ginger tea at damn cheap price. Ample parking. Toilets were not so clean.

My rating: very good.
    HotelNewJaipur.jpg GujPalanpurwala.jpg
  6. sungoa2010

Ravi Sir, Any suggestions from your Bhutan trip. :)
  7. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

East/NE and Bhutan are not veggie's paradise. So, no suggestions from me.:)
    1 person likes this.
  8. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

What a thread... This is TFI's Highway on my Plate :D

From me:

On GT Karnal road....

If you are travelling from Delhi to Punjab/Jammu

1. Murthal, Close to Sonipat. the best dhabas for Aloo parathas. Ahuja No.1 or Gulshan.

2. Drive little more and you will reach Karnal. Check out for Jhilmil Dhaba.. they have really good dhaba food. Dal Makhni and Shahi Panner followed by Lassi are a must try.

3. Then comes Ambala and the name is Puran singh the dhaba.. the place famous for real good non veg punjabi food mainly Kheema Kaleji :D
    2 people like this.
  9. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Hey Kedar,

you are bang on! last week when I returned from Goa, went straight to Kaveri from the airport. Although not a best place for its ambience but sure very tasty non veg food. yumm!

Another I remember is,
    1. Hotel Aram - on NH4 between Satara and Pune, near Vele ( before first tunnel). Again tasty non veg food, neat seating, AC family rooms, cleaner toilets.
  10. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I enjoyed tasting delicious vegetarian fare at Sukhdev Vaishno Dhaba, Jalandhar Haveli and Neelkanth on NH 1 during my Leh trip. Thanks, sungoa2010 for reviving this thread.:)

2 people like this.