1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Horray !!!! I am in

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Italia-Linea, Nov 12, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

:wow now i am a teamfiat member.

but before being a member of teamfiat forum i am member of tata and fiat family since many years.

Was a part of SAP implementation team in FIAT as well as tata motors.
    Thankfully i am knowing tata and fiat, in and out, so it dint take much of efforts to choose FIAT.

I am now the proud owner of Fiat Linea MJD emotion Pk.

I was dying to buy the TJET :car since the day i drove it which was 1.5 years back.

but alas, my daily running is demanding economy of diesel.

but i am sure i will punch the diesel with the ECU remaps i have identified :dancing

Would love to be a part of Team Fiat and very eager to help any members if they have issues or need info about TATA/FIAT

i am a hardcore automobile fan since my childhood and my favourite passion is getting a new car, opening it and doing R&D- just kidding
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Warm welcome to you and your Fiat Linea, Italia-Linea. Happy and safe motoring in your Linea.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome and nice to see somebody who know Fiat well.
    Can you put some more information on SAP implementation. Is it related to their system which place orders of spare parts etc., if yes we all would like to know where is the problem in sourcing parts :mrgreen: .

Which one?
  4. NAREN64

Welcome to TFI

Post more information about the ECU Remap. Happy & safe driving. :redcar
  5. Italia-Linea

Thanks a lot Ravi.

SAP is a ERP system which helps to standardize the business processes with the best practices and has various functions of planning, procurement, sales, finance etc.

But SAP is a dumb system. it does not understand unless the user gives input. so the real problem in procurement of parts lies in the input.
    There are 2 different segments in procurement of parts.
    1. OE
    2. Spare Market.

OE parts go on assembly lines and in our cars.
    Spare Market goes to the distributors and dealers.

The vendors who supply parts to Fiat receive an order from the plant, after which they manufacture. Forecasting of what parts are required and in what quantity is quite a complex mechanism. This becomes more complex if the parts are to be imported as the import is in bulk and takes lot of time to manufacture, land, clear customs and come to the plant.

now the problem here is vendors are already overloaded catering to TATA, FIAT and other manufacturers.

Mostly OEM requirement is so huge that spare market gets very low stock of parts. and those which are not frequent - example Airbags(import) then its a nightmare for a customer.

Regarding the Remap- considering few in UK, then our very own KIRRUS and trying to link up with one in italy. I need to do some investigations after which i can directly post which ones i think is better with technical data so that others can comment.

Some claim more than 20 bhp, but believe me its very hard without detrimental effects to your fuel pump and other vital components like the turbo.
    (i am not biasing any tuners opinion, but this is what my study in the electronics dept of the plants say) i may be wrong too.
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Congratulations and Welcome to TFI!!!
  7. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congrats and welcome to TFI.
    A true FIATenthusiast you are.
  8. WOW !!! It's real nice to have someone who worked on TATA internal systems.Btw i have a bug to log :lol: . I've heard my SA saying that sometimes it's difficult to print bill and they have to try "jugaad" i have no knowledge of SAP being a Datawarehouse professional but i've seen him clicking some generate report button furiously 10-15 to print my bill/gate pass. :hit

EDIT : This is my 250th post on TFI am a "Regolare" and no more an "Amatore" :dancing
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Welcome Amit :)
  10. Italia-Linea

hey Amogh, was calling you before making decision for MJD. With very heavy heart parted with the TJET.