1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honk while locking the car

Discussion in 'Modifications & Tuning' started by madhavnarayanan, Apr 12, 2011.

1. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Guys, a lot of cars abroad give out a beep (honk) while locking the car with the remote. What are the chances that this can be done on the Punto? I think that would be really cool :cool:
  2. Grandeur

Grandeur Staff Member Janitor

Me and my car works as a team. While I press the button on key, my car do the locking and I do honking :D. Well, jokes apart...I also feel our car's miss that feature!!!
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    OEM usually like Fiat doesnt give this feature.. i asked a jugaad to fit one wire to this locking mechaism...he asked the make.. when I said Fiat,..he didnt bother responding.. meaning it cant be done... but its sure worth a try and i personally like to have this feature.... who will own this project?
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Will just drop a simple clue for anyone who is interested in going ahead with this.
    Take the power from side light indicators and connect to a buzzer.
    It would make sound everytime you lock the car as the locking mechanism blinks the side light :D
    Also this would work as sound for sidelight blinkers too :)
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I had done this in my bike back in 2004. I had connected 2 buzzers with the indicator flasher motor and the result was awesome.
    My arrival would be announced 1Km away and by the time I used to reach home, I always found someone opening the front gate for letting me in. :D
    But, I am not sure if anyone would like to do this to a car. Have you ever seen a car making buzz sound while turning just like bikes? :boxer
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  6. madhavnarayanan

madhavnarayanan Novizio

Bangalore
    Oh I dont really want a buzzer with my indicator, I think that would be annoying as we use the indicators so much! Grandeur's idea of "working together" is the funniest and easiest :p
    Viny, cant the same idea be used by connecting the locking mechanism with the horn?
  7. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Grandeur that was awsome Joke. I was reading this thread & I cant stopped be by laughing & everyone in my office were looking at me. Great joke.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well intention was not to use buzzer but to use the door locking horn, that comes with many security locking kits, that makes that light click sound.
  9. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    aah, this can be done very easily. i have seen 3-4 lineas and puntos with this till date. i know fiat should have given this feature. when the door is open and you press the lock button you should be notified with double beep that the car didnt lock. stupid fiat again.

well just get the aftermarket kit with buzzer and fit it. go to good accessory shop. he will easily fit it. the buzzer goes below the bonnet.
  10. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    what about price of that Kit??