1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

HONEYMOON DRIVE TO KERALA.

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Feb 4, 2015.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Where is the FIAT sticker on your car? (Remember the rush to get one at the last Factory meet?) :)
    rajeev_pillai likes this.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    It is stuck on the roof of the car.

@karan desai
    9 punctures in a single tyre. Wow, you must have drove a road filled with nails. Is is suggested to drive with this tyre? Isn't the integrity of the tyre already compromised?
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @karan desai
    9 punctures in a single tyre. Wow, you must have drove a road filled with nails. Is is suggested to drive with this tyre? Isn't the integrity of the tyre already compromised?[/QUOTE]
    Or it could be used with a Tube later if it gives more trouble. Many people after stepney stage do this rather than throwing the tyre out.
  4. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    I can see it on the roof clearly.

@karan desai

9 Punctures!!!:eek: :woot:
  5. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Beautiful pictures @karan desai !!
    And as many have already exclaimed about the 9 punctures, i will not :)

Keep them coming,, i mean the pics and travelogues. Regarding your acceleration problem, did you showed it to FASS later?
  6. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Mumbai
    Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    It was there in your car when we started from Kharghar.
    Clever man :D, you handed over that to Sandy and he became the victim

Rajeev
    VahanPujari likes this.
  7. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    of cos i remember vahan sir. i wud not have got that sticker without your help. also saw your travelogue. you covered kerala much better than me. good pictures. i did not take any camera along all i used was my favourite HTC.
    Or it could be used with a Tube later if it gives more trouble. Many people after stepney stage do this rather than throwing the tyre out.[/QUOTE]
    puncture guy said it was a shattered glass. about the tyre i had the same fear but he assured me once the puncture is sealed its as good as a normal tyre. i would never drive with a tube in it, besides the tyres are almost new.
    thanks. since the car is running on cng now no issues. it was only during the trip as the car was on petrol. so no urgency but have to show it to the sc.
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2015, Original Post Date: Feb 7, 2015 ---
    dindigul to thekkady was just 140kms but the 4 lane highways had perished and single lane state roads had put a brake on the pace.
    IMAG0968.jpg IMAG0984.jpg
    stopped by some church on the way.
    IMAG0982.jpg
    yes father i confess to bring my wife on our honeymoon by road. have i done anything wrong father ? tfians?
    IMAG0702.jpg
    reached thekkady by 2:30pm checked in the resort(had booked sterling resorts for thekady and munnar) had lunch(costly and disappointing) went for elephant safari which we could have given a miss. booked for the full day forest safari tour for the next day. which had some trekking boating and animal spotting.
    periyar forest department border.. no private vehicle can go inside the forest. we were provided with a geep in the package.
    IMAG0709.jpg
    IMAG0711.jpg
    our ride for the day. the program was to spot some animal till we reach the base where we were to have our breakfast form groups for trekking and boating. our driver used to spot a bird or something hhigh up in the tree just as i spot fiats on roads;).
    IMAG0868.jpg
    lazying around the lake.
    will just share some pictures now. thekkady to munnar.
    if one asks me i would give thekkady and miss and extend my stay in munnar.
    IMAG1065.jpg IMAG1060.jpg IMAG1050.jpg IMAG1054.jpg IMAG1055.jpg IMAG1100.jpg IMAG1102.jpg IMAG1103.jpg IMAG1124.jpg traditional south temples
    IMAG1131.jpg
    something to remind us we on a honeymoon and not on a road trip IMAG1135.jpg
    sterling munnar had spa in the hotel. kerala aye hai to spa is a must.

IMAG1140.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Feb 7, 2015 ---
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2015