1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion in 'Linea 1.4 Fire' started by karan desai, Feb 4, 2015.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    friends let me admit it "i dont write well".
    for those who do not know i got married on 12th DEC last year. linea has been quite instrumental in getting two of us together after whatsapp. well we were school mates she was my junior and we were not in touch after school. it was the social media like fb and then whatsapp that got us together. ya ya i know you all are not interested in my love story. but being a fiat lover we all are emotional. arent we? linea dresses up as a wedding car. the bride comes home in the linea. if the bride was beautiful linea was no less.
    cutting the story short. karela was on my minnd long back thanks a vishnu vishvanathan a fellow forum member and a good friend now. so checked for the stay and travel. air fares in feb was quite low, almost 50% less. while the stay was being finalised. by the time i decided to travel in feb stay was already finalised and booked. now comes the travel dilemma. according to me spending so much on air tickets just to roam in india didnt make sense (specially when we know our linea can take us there too;)). the car guy inside me prompted me "why not drive down to karela". that was it. then i did not try for train or rail. i had almmost made up my mind. shared it with my better half with a hint of fear in me as how would she react. i was in the office when i got to know that the stay has been booked. so i called her up.
    me: we are going to karela in a week
    she: what!!! but we were to go in feb
    me: exxplained her the whoole thing
    me: how abt driving down to karela (uttered with a hint of fear on how she would react)
    she: whaat! are you serious? are you sure you can drive so much ?
    me: you know i can
    she: hhhhmm u see im ok with it (says with a hint of excitement and happiness)
    talked to my dad. introducing my dad here he is a hardcore driver. he has been to khatmandu in an ambassador with my grandpa when he was my age. recently he had been to leh in a scorpio with freinds and family where he was the lead driver. so basically all my ddriving skill and will has come from him. as expected he gave me a positive nod.
    the car has been to service center somewhere in ocotober. with all the fluids changed, linea was ready was such a long drive.
    planned the route with the help of google map. dropped a msg in fmc group on fb. they were very quick to help. exchanged my number with biju jose and he kept informing him about the progress. so special thanks to him. it was very comforting to know that someone down south is there to help in whatever way he could.
    packed the bags. stuffed the boot the previous night. car gave us the liberty to take extra stuff as we didnt have to carry it.being a gujarati snacks is a must.

to be cont.....
  2. 5u3zEr0

5u3zEr0 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    First of all, Congratulations on your wedding! And great to know that you did a driving trip for your honeymoon just like me.

Look forward to reading the rest of your trip.
    Rama and Bala like this.
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

First of all, Hearty Congratulations on wedding, Karanbhai

Morbi to Kerala, wow. Seems we're in for lot's of pics.....keep'em coming
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Congratulations for the wedding @karan desai :)
    Waiting for the further parts of travelogues with lots of pics.
  5. Bala

Bala Esperto

Congratulations on your wedding,but where is Karela ?:(
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    @Bala speaking of foods I think Morbi is famous for their gathiyas (& namkeens). Is that right @karan desai ? I know this cause there is a pretty old shop near my place which sells Morbi special foods/snacks.

Some other interesting wiki facts about Morbi —
    Morbi produces 70% of the country's gross ceramic production and 5% of the world's needs, around 80% of compact fluorescent lamp (CFL) production and is the largest producer of wall clocks in India.

There are around 600 ceramic manufacturing units with production worth 40,000 million rupees (4,000 crore) annually. The main products are ceramic tile, vitrified tiles, floor tiles, glazed wall tiles, luster wall tiles, sanitary wares, porcelain tiles, spartek tiles, glaze tile, roofing tiles and mosaic tiles. Morbi's ceramic factories belong to small and medium scale units which together comprise the largest ceramic production in India.

And congrats Karan Desai.
  7. rajeev_pillai

rajeev_pillai Regolare

Kochi, Kerala
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Congrats Karan
    Please correct the title.
    Though the shape of the state resembles a Karela (bitter gourd). :(

prabhjot and varunrtr like this.
  8. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

@karan desai

Firstly heartiest congratulations on getting married. Very glad to know that Linea was the best lady for the function next to you know who.:p

I read the thread title & was wondering why the sweet beginning was with a bitter note, then I read your first line and I was ROFLMAO:D:D. Man seriously change the title. Hearing me laugh, my wife popped up to check if I was allright. Anyways all the best for the new beginning, hope Linea doesnt become the "woh" between the Pati and Patni.

I was shocked to see a coconut being place at the Linea's wheel:eek:. Pls tell me the car didnt move over a coconut:stop:. Lemon's understandable but coconuts. Agree Linea is a tank but this one's gone too far. Maybe Fiat should take a cue from this.

So when is the travelogue being completed and compiled and posted here?

@asimpleson - Thanks for the info.
    prabhjot, asimpleson and pabhishek like this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

That's a ritual in weddings in Gujarat.

PS: Title typo corrected :)
    rajeev_pillai likes this.
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    thanks everyone. i didnt notice the kerala got bitter:wtf:. hope its corrected now.
    day 1 was morbi to lonawala. plan was to begin early but could not. started at 7:30am, reached lonawala at 8:30pm. some 5kms and the car threw a problem. the accelerator stopped going above 1200-1300rpm. stopped the car on the roadside. turned off the engine, started it again and viola. any idea what it could be? this was the first time it has happened in my car and it kept showing up throughout the trip. all i did was restart the car and it was back to normal. 20141227_085756.jpg
    thats the monumental temple in morbi built by the king.
    ponk on the roadside near surat. heres a link for those guessing what ponk is:http://www.tarladalal.com/glossary-ponk-1778i
    drove 833 kms on day 1.
    tired with the first day's drive we cut short the drive to dharwad which was some 500kms from lonawala. could only leave after 10:30am after a nice breakfast. being a weekend lonawala was full of tourists. tasted the chikkis there but let me add here that morbi chikkis are far better. other than ganthiyas morbi offers very tasty chikkis as well.
    begin our journey with good pace on mumbai pune expressway.
    perfect weather for a drive.

had a refreshing nira on exiting the expressway.
    hi from karan & mira.
    moving slowly out of pune traffic we were warned by a biker that the front tyre has deflated quite a lot. as i look around i see a puncture wala. stop the car there and ask him to check. he confirms the tyre is punctured
    9 punctures in a tyre.
    travelled 500kms that day to reach dharwad-hubbli.
    next day was dharwad(karnataka) to didndigul (tamil nadu) 812kms. began at 9 in the morning and reached dindigul at 9 9-30 (dont quite remember).
    the famous steering. long live fiat.
    another linea accompanies for a coconut water break on the highway. IMAG0471.jpg
    welcome to the south. filter coffee. refreshing.
    IMAG0482.jpg female employment in quite some places. IMAG0483.jpg
    IMAG0485.jpg green roads welcome us