1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda recalls 57,853 units of 'City' sedan

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cubbie, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Mods Pls move this to appropriate thread !

Honda recalls 57,853 units of 'City' sedan
    ::pP

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/new ... 515372.cms

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/busine ... 24199.html

NEW DELHI: Japaneses automobile major Honda's Indian subsidiary Honda Siel Cars India ( HSCI )) on Thursday said it was recalling 57,853 units of its mid-sized sedan City in the country for replacing a faulty engine part.

According to the company, the preventive replacement measures have only been taken for the newer third-generation City cars manufactured between November 2008 and December 2009.

"HSCI is proactively replacing the part (lost motion springs) which are compressed by rocker arms in normal engine use, may bend or break over time resulting in abnormal engine noise and potentially causing engine stalling," the company said in a statement.

The recall would result in free of cost replacement of the spring, placed in the valve train inside the engine of the sedan. "The replacement would be carried out free of cost and the company will communicate directly with the owners of the cars which are covered under this part replacement," the statement said.

The company further said it has updated its dealerships and provided them with the new part for the replacement process. The automobile giant has globally recalled 693,497 units of its car models such as Freed, Fit and City to replace the faulty engine part.

"HSCI is carrying out the part replacement as part of a global exercise by Honda Motor Company to ensure stringent quality standards for its products," the statement said.

The company added that the recall would not be applicable to its hatchback car model Jazz , which is being recalled in other countries for engine part replacement, as the particular variant of the vehicle was not sold in India.

"The recall announced by Honda applies to certain units of Fit/Jazz fitted with 1.5L i-VTEC engine, which is sold in other countries and not sold in India," the statement further said.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Had this been FIAT, a huge cry would have been there about poor product quality and what not.
    I saw how TV channels presented the AC Upgrade recall.
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    ya they just need a chance to bash up fiat and tata. they dont get money from these ethical companies.

this is a very critical problem but they have showcased as if its a minor defect. this will break the valves and also cause permanent engine damage due to detonation.
  4. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I still believe that FIAT is a bad car , HONDA has proved that they are the best by publicly recalling the vehicles . FIAT doesnt do that - BHP statement ! ha ha
  5. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Of late lots of recalls are happening from Jap manufacturers. Pressure of keeping up the volumes seems to be getting to them.

Best part is, if Honda/Toyota do a recall for engines, they are called ethical, if Fiat does a recall for clutch slave cylinder, they are called bad manufacturers. I think a recall needs to be made for all auto journos.
  6. nmp

nmp Amatore

Thane, Mumbai
    :evilsmile ::V :lol:
  7. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    The so called cars shows aired on ur screens are a piece of sh*t..They are being heavily paid by Honda/toyota/hyundai etc While FIAT/TATA dun believe in this payment method so these auto journos start bashing up TATA/FIAT cars big time.Especially zig wheels and wheelocity these two programmes shud be banned big time..The female anchors are givin out lots of wrong information which misleads the customer in the end..I wud only prefer CnB show on NDTV profit By siddarth his reviews are perfect and he is not biased towards any manufacturer as far as i've seen.

AND FOR GOD SAKE HONDA IS NOT A PREMIUM BRAND..Y DO V INDIANS THINK IT IS A PREMIUM BRAND I DONT UNDERSTAND THIS TILL DATE ... :A
  8. Axn

Axn Regolare

Delhi
    I love my car too much to be distracted by some funny guys on FIAT bashing sites. period. At the same time I would not prefer to get drawn into this FIAT vs others battle. A recall is a recall. it is not my recall is better than yours.

I would prefer to be realistic, for certain, FIAT should do media management in a better way. it is surely their mistake if they do not do it. A good product and good media exposure is a sure signs of super duper success. It is not herculean task to find out the faults in the way FIAT is being discussed in media. FIAT should definitely mark their mistakes in this regard and rectify.

On this mature and decent forum, are we deriving pleasure in bashing others? Are we venting our pent up feelings? Just my thoughts...frnds. Some times reading makes me feel that we are justifying our decisions. Have we made a wrong decision? Would love see ur comments on this. I really want some answers.
  9. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    This always happen!! In olden days any fault you tell to shop they tell its only in ur car sir,u have to pay and change if we ask our friends they all say the same issue but company wont accept,but in latest trend how much u recall u regain customers.Fiat after long struggle boldly said replacing its AC for all linea and punto petrol cars and covered more customers in to its bay :dancing .Same H got afraid and saying We also do the same story :uh
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is first time any manufacturer is doing "officially" recall. Its good move in my view.
    But the count is huge, and we need to see how they fix these for so many customers.

Again, Honda's reliability theory is hogh-wash. Most Japanese (Toyota, Honda ...) have so many recalls recently.