1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda --> FIAT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rkperumala1, Mar 6, 2016.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have booked Honda Jazz VCVT.... 7.35 ex showroom CSD managed to get further discount of Rs.20K + logistic charges waived off(Rs.6500)+ free accessories worth Rs.7100 (negotiating to get more including seat cover).....
    PradeepM and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    90PS is good enough for speed on indian roads, but very low on torque , only 110 @ 4800. Entry level avventura mjd would have been way better.

Also i don't know why you wanted a automatic. They are simply not fun to drive.

Anyways good luck with your honda. Many happy miles !!
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The convenience of driving in traffic with automatic cant be explained. I will never buy and recommend current generation FIAT to anyone with this ASS setup. My Brother in law bought new Amaza diesel and me Honda Jazz. They are silent and very smooth to drive. My father loved the automatic no hassle and can cruise on highway without changing gear. The interiors are much much better.
    Ganges likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84 : good for you bro. Enjoy Honda.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk
  5. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    I completely agree and understand that. I too would not recommend fiat to any of my friends or family as they are unreliable.

you have made a wise decision.
  6. kinetic

kinetic Novizio

mh
    Retro / Classic FIAT
    If its a jazz it should be with magic seats. The VCVT is still an incomplete package.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @kinetic what would I do with magic seats???? have you used regularly your 60:40 rear seat split. V is apt for CVT .....
  8. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Congratulations Prashant, enjoy your drive.
    While I agree to some points in here related to convince of CVT, and FASC not being available in all locations. I strongly reserve my thoughts on Amaze diesel being silent (it's a huge claim mate).
    The Honda CVT is super silent, no second thoughts about it, but the IDTec??.
    My only request is let's not put a car low or high on things which it doesn't deserve only because we choose it or opted away from it. Every car has its strength and weakness and we should be in a position to accept the same with the right frame.

Cheers
    Pradeep.
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
  9. Rama

Rama Amatore

Delhi
    Delhi
    Punto Evo 1.3
    I-dtec engines are not silent as mentioned.
    Rightly said by pradeep above, "Every car has its strength and weakness and we should be in a position to accept the same with the right frame."
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The Honda Amaze or even Jazz+City interiors are better? nahin for material quality and design, nahin for material quality and arguably (some would) design too, respectively.

Skinny sheet metal, skinnier-tyres, poor nvh (including suspension noise), thin seats, window-glass and doorpads etc etc.

Their basic-engineering's better than hyundai but the cost-cutting, basic-safety-compromising and the overpricing (including esp of service and spares) is diabolical by honda-in-india. And they have airbags by, guess who, Takata, a company they part-own (google for details on the safety-induction by takata 'airbags'!)

The after-sales support from kashyap and Drs faridabad+gurgaon in delhi-ncr's still more-than-OK, imo (i speak from years of personal experience and also my dad's), so @prashantgupta84 -ji mefeels you're overstating matters a bit.

As for not recommending Fiats....it's not as if anyone's going to listen to such 'evidently' wrong/self-refuting recommendations in ANY case, now, is it?! :)
    Last edited: May 5, 2016