1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda --> FIAT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rkperumala1, Mar 6, 2016.

1. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys i have nothing against your views and FIAT. I have had good 4 years with my Punto. Good experience with ASS post split with TATA. Few niggles are there which are present in every car.

@zan123 I was thinking of Baleno but the CVT is not there in top model although regular top model is 90K cheaper through CSD. We are looking for a petrol car preferably CVT in price range of Rs.8 lakh and Jazz fits the requirement. Hyundai i20 petrol does not have good reviews. Suggestions are very much welcome :)
  2. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84 : Whats the quote you are getting for Jazz CVT? Did you consider Bolt top end Revotron version? Its ONR should be around 7 lacs and its a properly loaded hatch(the infotainment system powered by harman is mind blowing) with a decent turbo petrol mill which has excels in drivability thereby having good low and mid-range. A highly under-rated car IMO.

Also, if an auto is of prime importance, then you can check figo AT as well. It has a great engine under the hood.

i20 petrol is just plain boring.
    prashantgupta84 and PradeepM like this.
  3. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Well, definitely Honda vs Fiat is not the first time that has happened here. I was in the same boat, in fact booked the new HC as well at one point of time, eventually picked the Linea. Am I happy with the decision, I have a 27 page ownership thread with smiles all across.
    Here is a comparison I have put for myself before buying the car of my choise, hope it helps others as well. Kindly check page 9 for charts with comparison.

http://www.teamfiat.com/index.php?threads/13852/

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    drknaresh, prabhjot, kk27 and 2 others like this.
  4. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Honda Jazz VCVT is Rs.7.29 ex showroom (CSD).
    Ford Figo petrol engine is not that good. I have ford figo previous gen diesel also. Not keen on Ford. Jazz seems to be value for money. Family is keen on Honda. Will surely research more on Tata Bolt.....
    PradeepM likes this.
  5. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    Prashant,
    There is no confusion at all here, if Jazz is what suites your needs and ticks all the boxes go for it .

Happy Motoring.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
    prashantgupta84 likes this.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84 . Check on Tata Zest AMT. Its automatic , has turbo petrol, loaded to brim and haram 8 speaker audio is the show stopper. And its better built than the so called premium Honda. Check it and you won't be disappointed. If Tata ASS is good in Jaipur its a no brainer. You can as well wait for Brezza which is going to be launched soon.
  7. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    tata zest AMT is not available in petrol and the price is also more than 8L ex showroom. Brezza has been launched only in diesel and no AMT..will consider that also.tx
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2016
  8. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84. Sorry mate just missed that you are looking @ petrol only. But I guess the price between Zest AMT and Jazz CVT wont be much and diesel prices will remain cheaper for some more time I guess if you are open to consider diesel vehicles as well.
  9. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @nibedk we will be buying car in April or May as no booking is done in CSD in Feb & march and some more excise reduction is expected in CSD prices. Will again look at all the combinations then.
  10. Turbothinghy

Turbothinghy Superiore

Pune
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84 : Bro, do consider Bolt petrol. CSD rates would make it even cheaper and it a great value for money product. It has better build quality (better than Japs and Koreans), the interioir is all European and looks classic, the infotainment system is segment best by a big margin. Also, you shouldnt miss the CVT as it has an awesome drivability as the torque spread is quite wide. IMO, the only downer is the boot space which is strictly below average. This might lead you to its big brother, the Zest which has everything that Bolt has with decent boot space as well. Also, even though both cars are powered by the same 1.2 Revotron, Zest has slightly more power (+5 PS) which makes it 90 PS coupled with segment best 140 Nm of torque.
    cassini, prashantgupta84 and nibedk like this.