1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda --> FIAT

Discussion in 'Car Purchase Queries' started by rkperumala1, Mar 6, 2016.

1. vinit

vinit Amatore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.3
    Two is a good number. :) There are zero dealers in Mumbai :)

But service centers are there and thats what matter at the end of the day. :)
    vtlreja2 and Turbothinghy like this.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    90hp Punto is way better value than Honda Amaze. I would even prefer a dzire over an Amaze. Unless you are buying Amaze petrol and maybe CNGing it after couple of years for city use it doesn't come across as a competition. Safety wise the Punto is leagues ahead, although no guarantees since conditions apply. But yes Fiats are in most cases much better at saving lives.
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Dunno....because i am also in similar situation. But have decided.

i will buy either Honda Jazz CVT or newly launch Amaze CVT in 3-4 months for my father.Will buy from CSD . It will give them peace of mind, with service centers nearby and these are new generation cars. Punto evo in india is the model that was launched in other countries in 2009-2010. My sister has Punto evo 2010 3 doors in Edinburgh and is much better than the 1 available here.
  4. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84. There is no difference in the build quality of Punto either here or in the European countries. Better as in fit and finish then its fine but as far as build quality goes its the same. Fiat isn't any saint just that the economies of sale doesn't allow it to tinker with the chasis as some R&D and testing would be required even to make it a light weight tin can.

And as far as new Jazz and Amaze are concerned they wont hold a candle to Fiats build quality. Safety wise European cars are league ahead of Japanese and Koreans. And the peace of mind comes only because of sales numbers not because they are better built cars. Please check on the maintainence cost of Hondas in general and compare it to Fiat. Fiat are the cheapest to maintain alongside Tata. its just the bad name thats hurting them.Its rather just the opposite with blatant cost cutting by Honda for cars in India. Just compare Honda cars with those sold in US and other markets. They are much better built quality, fit and finish.

I see that you own a GP 1.3 MJD. Do you really feel a Jazz or a Amaze is better built? I would still buy a Tata or a Ford or a Fiat for my family. At least they are better built cars. Unless I am staying away from my parents and the service centres in the city are notoriuos I would stay away from Japanese and Koreans till they match the build quality and dynamics of Europeans.

If its ease of driving you are looking at better look @ Tata Zest AMT. A very under rated car and much better than Amaze and Jazz.

Just press the sheet metal of an Amaze or a Jazz with a little force. Try the same with Fiat or Ford you can make out the difference yourself.

Choice is yours mate. Sometimes we can take a little pain once in a year to be able to driver around in a car which is dynamically sorted and better built. Trust me 32 K kms in last 20 months have been absolutely blissful and the service experience has been much better than the 2 Lacs Kms I had with Maruti. Warranty has been honored without any questions what so ever even for the wear and tear parts.

I have owned Maruti( 2 of them) before shifting to Fiat and have driven cars from multiple manufacturers during my stay in US. Its during those times that I learnt that cosmetic changes can be made to cars later if required but changing the dynamics/built/safety of a car through out its lifetime is not possible.Fiat aint going anywhere as they have recently launched Jeep besides their engines/amts are being supplied to multiple manufcaturers here. I would wait till at least 2020 or till I can maintain my car before dumping Fiat. That will only happen if Fiat completely shuts shop in India.

If that happens ever I would look @ Ford or Tata or if required Mahindra rather than the tin cans. Better to have a dependable homely wife than a gorgeous girlfriend who you are not sure if they would stick through hard times.
    drknaresh, cassini, prabhjot and 4 others like this.
  5. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3

I already know each and everything you have written......But come and deal with fiat service guys in Jaipur you will hate fiat. I have been harrased and i know that. (fitting second hand part in my car and charging me for a new one, and later accepting after a bitter long fight that they have fitted a part from other car they have)
    The chasis, body etc are all same, but you are driving a generation old vehicle, deal with it. the active model there has airbags including knees i guess, audio system etc.

Guys stop basking in the glory of FIAT in ROW.. We are living in India. I will rather live with Honda than being harrased. Personally as I live in Delhi i have very good experience with FIAT ASS, but ASS in other cities are horrible.

And Honda Jazz CVT is not a bad car for old people. I will never ask anyone in my family to buy a FIAT, only if they launch Bravo, Panda etc.
    vtlreja2 likes this.
  6. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84. I dont know the quality of service in Jaipur. You ID shows Delhi as your place of stay and hence I assumed that you will be buying a new vehicle there.

The problem in India is people value the length of the car, number of features more than the safety and driving dynamics of the car. Almost most manufatcurers were not providing safety features in the lower variants till recently. Good to see manufacturers doing that now and with crash rating becoming mandatory slowly all manufacturers will have to do the same. Here again due to low sales Fiat has not been able to provide these in the lower variants. Come 2017 with the new models its sure to happen.

Yes as you mentioned its a decade old chassis. You are spot on but what irony the decade old chassis still fares better than these new generation light weight chassis be it in crash ratings or driving dynamics. Does it really matter whether its a decade old chassis or a new one. Better to drive a 5 star rated Punto or Polo or older i20 than the so called newer generation cars which have either not been rated yet or have been compromised safety wise to reduce costs or increase fuel efficiency at least here in India
    Deepak likes this.
  7. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Guys lets not make this another thread of Fiat vs others. lets stick to the point.

As for the original question: Buy a honda if you just want a transport vehicle from A to B in the city & want to go with what's popular.
    Get a Fiat if you love driving & enjoy going on weekend trips or drives out of the city for fun. Fiats are built for highways & highspeed comfort & cruising.
  8. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ya KK.....I live in Delhi but frequent Jaipur. I will be buying HONDA JAZZ in jaipur. I was obsessed with FIAT but not anymore. Punto does not have CVT. Let the handful fans buy FIAT and be happy in few cities.... Yes FIAT is a much safer car,but please dont go overboard about only safety.Open your mind and live in present.
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
  9. nibedk

nibedk Regolare

Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @prashantgupta84. Mate you do not seem to get what I am trying to convey. No way am I advocating to buy Fiat. You had issues with Fiat in your city so its purely your call.

Until we as customers do not value safety India will continue to be the dumping yard for tin cans from all manufcaturers. Safety is paramount not here only in India but everywhere else in world. More so in our country due to the infrastructure and the way we all follow traffic manners. The only reason folks out in developed coutries are getting better cars is because they value safety and dynamics forcing manufacturers to build such cars.

Your need is a automatic and since Fiat doesn't provide one nor you are happy with it so you can buy any car that you want.

What I was trying to convey was why not a better built Tata Zest or Ford Figo/Aspire as they too provide creature comforts which are better than Jazz other than providing better safety/build and are dynamically more sorted than Jazz. Besides Tata/Ford will be cheaper to maintain than Honda.

Choice is yours mate. Let us all know whatever you decide.
  10. zam123

zam123 Novizio

bangalore
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    prabhjot likes this.