1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by gurjinder, Jan 23, 2013.

1. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Congrats Gurjinder paaji!

Looks like Brute likes the Linea more! :p
    2 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    So, the alignment is out.

I did feel it a bit off yesterday but thought i'd drive it for a while to confirm. Today it's confirmed. Called up the sales guy and gave him the good news.

Will have to do a nearly 30km round trip to get this corrected at the dealer. :?

But the car is feeling really at home in the city - nimble, small and peppy.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi Gurjinder.. Congrats for the Honda brio

A small car is need of the hour when commuting in narrow streets of Bazaar and pipeline roads
    1 person likes this.
  4. vineet_k21

vineet_k21 Novizio

Pune
    Congratulations Gurjinder on your new car! I guess, I bumped into this thread at the right time. I'm going to replace my good ol' Santro after 9 years of fantastic service to me first and then my wife & dad.

The buying considerations are quite similar - limited monthly usage mostly in city, has to be small car...so my choice is pretty down to i10 and Brio. Plan to TD both of them over next 2 weekends.

Even before TD, I'm more in favor of i10 mainly due to (1) probability of getting good price for Santro exchange including loyalty (2) dealers/SCs available for Hyundai (in Pune). (3) Standard music system...we need a CD player (4) better rear end design

My last experience of Honda dealership was horroible where I literally cancelled the cheque written for Honda City and walked out. In the end, I'm glad becuase that's how I started considering Linea seriously and finally bought it.:clap

Of course, Brio looks a pretty good car and carries the HONDA prestige at an attractive price. So i'm very keen to test the ride. I guess it might give a little "Hatke" feeling also after many years with Hyundai!

So Gurjinder, apart from the car they gave you for TD, what all things you liked more in Brio compared to i10? This will help me to have another perspective.

Thanks and by no means I intend to criticize Brio or your decision here :)
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Thanks for the wishes :)

Well, firstly, if i can single out one factor which really clinched the deal was the feel we got while sitting inside the cabins of either car. The i10 just screams "cheap" everywhere. That is not to say the Brio has an interior rivalling a luxury car, but it feels much better than the i 10. The ambience, the general level is pretty much worlds apart ( just my view). But make no mistake, both cars have ridiculous cost cuttings everywhere.

I did not check the equipment levels in a detailed manner and maybe the i10 was offering a few more features at about 8k extra, but we had pretty much rejected that car by then.

Secondly, neither of the two cars will win any beauty prizes, but out of the two i felt the Brio has a better design.

I'm using a pen drive and the sound quality is years ahead of the Linea. So, do not be tempted just by the presence of a CD player. Pen drives + aux in and you won't need another thing.

Take a good hard look at both cars. Practically, you can't go wrong with either of them. It all boils down to what you like.

Cheers.
    1 person likes this.
  6. gurjinder

Punjab
    Got the alignment corrected today. Took 4 hours for them to set it right. :mad:

Also, it's either the ultra light weight of the car or the tyres but the car starts following the road banking ( left or right) easily. Doesn't stay planted on the road. OR maybe im expecting it to drive like a PalioD or Linea. :confused:
    1 person likes this.
  7. gurjinder

Punjab
    January 23 = Car purchased , bad alignment reported on first day itself.

January 30 = Incorrect wheel alignment corrected.

February 21 = Alignment is out again.

The car is driven entirely on Chandigarh roads - which are smooth and nice. So no one can claim that it is due to bad roads.

February 23 = Car will go to dealer again for alignment correction.

For comparison purposes , the Palio D has done 1,36,000 km's and not even once have i needed to take it for alignment in-between the regular 5000km alignment and rotation interval. How's that for quality.

The experience is soured, now. Honda quality = Nice joke.

I'll update the thread after I waste my Saturday getting this alignment thing done.
    2 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    It is not only with Honda. When it comes to Made for India products, the Japs (read Toyota, Nissan and Suzuki) compromise on the quality and security. Sad that Honda has also fallen into that.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

You people knew why are you going for a Brio so congrats for the buy! Brio looks like one cute puppy on the road, way better than anything of it's size. I don't need to test drive it to know that it is a better car than other siblings. For a nano at some distance, i am yet to figure out one instance where i guessed correctly (if it's coming or going).

IMO Brio is a strictly town car with max. two passengers. Yesterday i saw a Brio with 4 people loaded & it's silencer was a couple of cms above the ground. The driver was driving it at normal speed 30-40 kmph but the honking & efforts in manoevering was hilarious. I am not sure what he was trying to do:confused:.

The point is that you people shouldn't chose Brio even once in a blue-moon for a highway drive over Linea or Palio.
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    3 people like this.
  10. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Congrats Gurjinder for Brio, but if you were looking for a small car, then you should have gone for the TATA NANO Spl. Edition.. :evilsmile only the brand name you have purchased with the price you paid, else the features are almost same ;).
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2013