1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Diesel

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Cinju, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Seems like Honda is testing its Diesel engine in Brio. This is a scoop shared from another forum.

2. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    That's enormous grunt, isnt it? sounds like a WRC car.
  3. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Last time when i read, Honda has developed a new 1.6 diesel for new civic. That torque & power figures are on par with best of the engines available including 1.6 MJD-2. I doubt if this is diesel even though exhaust note is somewhat like diesel.

May be they are into deal with either FIAT or GM for 1 ltr MJD.
    I am yet to see a report "where HONDA is developing a small diesel".
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This doesn't look like a scoop at all. Looking as if it was distributed by Honda itself :D.

Here it is ENKI.

"Honda R&D is currently developing a small diesel engine. However, we do not have anything specific to share right now," Jnaneswar Sen, senior VP, sales & marketing, told ET. Those familiar with the strategy say that the diesel engine won't be ready in a hurry - not in 2012 for sure - as the development process has only just begun.

Source - Honda Motors eyes India as hub for diesel engines for compact cars - Economic Times
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2012
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I first heard the news that Honda is planning for a small diesel engine about an year back. Typical development cycle would take about two years and so I guess it would be ready in the first half of 2013. That is in about 8-12 months. Not too far off.
  6. raj_90hp

raj_90hp

Mumbai
    The amazing grunt you hear is not of the Brio. It is of the car which the person shooting the video is driving, a modified Honda Civic.
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Raj you can hear two kind of sound in this video . One is of course the nice engine grunt of the car(maybe the Civic) & the other is when that Brio moves, you can hear a similar sound like the figo which I feel is the Diesel clatter. Check out using a headphone especially on 27-29 secs..
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Tie-up or whatever, there is every possibility that the diesel brio will hit the asian markets soon...

On a different note: Honda announced its diesel plans only recently, whereas we have been hearing about the small FIAT diesel car for some time now(years), but no concrete information till date. No news, no scoops, no updates!
    No bashing intended!