1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio AT

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Folks,

I just did TD of Honda BRIO AT(actually my father did all the TD except for 4 kms ), car feels good to drive in city traffic, very refined engine and gear box take away the stress of driving.

Since my father is 74 years old and he is struggling to drive Zen (2003 LXI) , I am thinking of gifting him BRIO AT.

It costs RS 744000 for top end model, only thing that got me in to worry is the FE, for about 34 kms we drove car gave only 8.8 kmpl.
    We did drive in mix of traffic and free roads but none in B2B, I felt this FE is very low.

Please suggest is it really good car to buy with this FE? what other options are there?

-Sat
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    It looks like the TD vehicle has some problem. It should any day give a 16+ FE. With the given weight and the direct lift of 1.2 from JAZZ Brio should be breeze on road.
    I want to test drive it to experience that power to weight ratio and growl of Vtec.
  3. 16 Kmpl for AT? are you sure ? I felt only at 60-80 kmph it shifted to 5th gear, so 5th gear will not be used at all in city?
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Sorry sat. I assumed highway+ city. My punto gives 15 + for sure whenever we go to panjim so I assumed it for much lighter Brio.
  5. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I guess thats the average mileage of all the automatics available at that range. Why don't you test drive A-Star Auto and i-10 auto and then decide?

I love the Brio for its looks and ease of handling :)
  6. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    When it comes to auto hatch, only 2 decent choices are on the market - Brio and i10. Both more or less in the same price band. If one can manage smallish boot of Brio, I think its a good buy for city usage. Ivtec is anyday better than kappa. In the real world, city driving mileage should be @ 10 - 12 kmpl. I suggest take a test drive of i10 as well. It would help your decision making. My friend's i10 auto gives @ 9 - 10 kmpl in city
  7. Usual story I heard from i10 AT and Santro AT owners that FE is less (1-2 kmpl) than MT counterparts. I guess, Brio AT should return FE bit less than Brio MT, but not too low to be ignored. Moreover, gauging FE of a model from a test drive vehicle won’t be appropriate, considering the fact that it might have encountered various category of foot. Also, you should check whether AT is in “drive” mode or “power” mode. FE should be less in “power” mode.
  8. eco mode was on all the time still we got only 8.8 kmpl , TD car was in good shape and engine was sounding brilliant , I doubt there was any thing wrong with the car.
    Even though a TD car it was very clean inside and outside and , i did not feel any sluggishness at all like choked air filter or come thing like that.
    If it give ~12 it would be still a car to consider.
    I will ask my dad to TD an i10 AT.
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2012
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Did you by any chance forget to reset the trip meter before you started driving assuming the Brio has a mileage indicator?

My City A/T gives about 9.5 - 10 kmpl for City driving so Brio should give much more. On highway, I have achieved about 18.5 kmpl.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  10. Yes we did reset before we started the TD. we did drive in at speeds between 40-60.