1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. aroon25

aroon25 Timido

Chennai
    Yesterday I had a chat with my friend , who works as executive in HONDA, ( South region ) , he was stingy on information about amaze, he said in south TN alone they have got around 300 bookings, and expect 70 - 80 % delivery ratio. I asked him about the success of Amaze , he said 50/50 chance for it to be a best seller in the segment. Their optimal sales figure stands at 3500 to 4500 units a month.
    Well we have to wait and watch.!!!
  2. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ ramjn, thanks for sharing the interior pics. It did'nt impress me much to be frank. Again I see adjustable rear & front head rest goes missing.
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Is that an automatic?
    The interiors do look cheap. Definitely a competition to Etios
    1 person likes this.
  4. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
  5. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
  6. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Guys, Amaze is BRIO with a boot. The interiors are a direct lift from the BRIO.

An automatic gearbox? Or is it the pic of automatic BRIO interiors? Oh no it isn't.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The link ain't working
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The pictures are from Thailand. Honda has Amaze AT version there. They may launch AT sometime later here.
  8. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

Puducherry
    United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Yeah, I don't know why! But I have read the review completely! Think OD have removed it, might re-publish it again, once their magazines are out for next month.

And by the way, AMAZE D-TEC can smoke off any car in it's segment. According to OD, 0-100kph comes up in a spirited 13.3 seconds!

The ride quality was 'okay' over the pot holed roads. They did mention that the electric assisted steering weighs up well, as speed picks up. And the car felt so planted and was stable even at 150kph!!!

On comparison with the petrol AMAZE, they did mention that the D-TEC AMAZE was much heavier while driving. It was evident while tacking the corners, where the nose of the car felt heavy on comparison with the diesel!
  9. Ramesh,

Pictures you shared may be of petrol amaze , i doubt they can give automatic with diesel.Even the Brio and Honda city automatic gear boxes are imported from Thailand as they are not getting good numbers in sales to manufacture them locally.
    -Sat
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I know that was Petrol version. :)
    And yes, they may not launch AT for Diesel. I meant that for Petrol only.