1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I am impressed with the way they have started to market Amaze Diesel. The car is 6/12 months away and still they have indirectly started to market this product through some forums and auto mags by offering TD.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. I second your opinion, they are building up stage for advance bookings, but only thing is BRIO is not good looking hatch, that is some thing we Indian care too much about.
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    My 2 cents on Japanese cars.

Have own 1999 Infiniti from 2008 to 2012 and ODO was 160000. I bought when it was 130000. I can surely say that for old cars like this, one has to be lucky. I did not faced any problem until last year where I had to change 2 coils in engine dept and 6 spark plugs and it was expensive. The car was super smooth and for acceleration from Zero, it can beat most of the cars in same category. My friend had 2001 accord and he visited mechanic every weekend, its just luck. You can see lot of old japanese cars on road which are really old, but most of them are just in running condition and far from perfectly maintained.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I also agree that Japanese cars are more reliable, less niggles and long lasting.

But -
    This is not entirely true, if one can find some oldest cars on road, in India, it will be either Fiat or Ambassador.
    And I am talking about normal car, serviced with road side mechanics.

Your statement shows what you firmly believe and don't want to see anything else. You can call it a fact, I can't.
    I would say in current market, apart from SUV/MUV, any hatch or sedan is driven most (ratio) in India, it is Fiat cars.

Again this is not true, it is always tough to get spares from SCs of any discontinued car. Be it Maruti (Baleno spares are very tough to procure). One need to depend on mostly road side mechanics, who can fix even 40 years old Fiats as well.

BTW, the Honda has certainly created a curiosity. Since their Petrol cars are proven, there is no reason not to believe that their diesel engine will also be a great product. Lets wait and see.

BTW Honda (Japanese), with all said and done, is facing biggest heat from European cars (VW).
    5 people like this.
  5. Ravi Sir,

Each and every word from your post is nothing but fact,feel good see a post which really makes sense.

-Sat
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    The thread is heading exactly the same way as gurjinder mentioned ! :(

I've been a staunch critic of Honda Siel in India but that is for some entirely different reasons which had been well documented elsewhere (not going OT here).

If we believe that we should give credit where it's due, I'll hand it to Honda/ Toyota as far as Reliability is concerned. Each word of the above post of gurjinder is right on money and worth its weight in Gold !
    2 people like this.
  7. Looks like TFI these days are not ready accept criticism in a right spirit,please close the thread if this thread is causing lot of heartburn for some people.
    I am really surprised a forum meant for FIAT cars, can't accept or give credit to FIAT where it is due.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sat, no body is telling not to give due where Fiat deserves, but we also have to give to give due where Honda/Toyota deserves.

Lets stick to topic and discuss about Honda car only. This is certainly going to shake up entry level diesel sedan market in India.
    1 person likes this.
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    I was comparing the driving of most ordinary Indians with ordinary American's & Canadian's. If anyone here feels that the car's have it easy there because the roads are smoother then you have to remember the harsh winter's in these countries. I also mention a Fiat or Peugeot would have PROBABLY rusted. It doesn't mean all Fiat's or Peugeot's WILL rust. This seems like people are having a problem deciphering the context in what things are being said.

Fiat had to pull out of USA in 1983 because their car's were of very poor quality & were pretty unreliable. Their car's were also very prone to rusting and were called rust bucket's. Anyone here has doubts can google on this. If anyone still has doubts, you can ask any American or Canadian that you meet about Fiat and let us know honestly what they said.

Looks like despite me mentioning the difference it wasn't noticed.

The real maturity of a brand specific forum is in acknowledging the strength's of other brands and weaknesses of the brand the forum is about. Most here are able to do it.

Regarding, the Brio Amaze, the car is surely going to shake up the entry diesel segment provided Honda doesn't get too over confident in pricing it.

I believe Indians care the least about looks hence you see car's like the Wagon R, Santro, Dzire, Sunny doing well here. If Indians cared much about looks then Fiat would be selling many more Punto's & Linea's here! :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. In Thiland honda has released a CVT not sure whether it is Deisel ?
    Will the new Honda Amaze impress tough markets
    Posted by Nathan Adlen - November 26, 2012 - Uncategorized
    2013-Honda-Brio-amaze-Sedan_132-e1353944812179.jpg

Relax North America, the Honda Amaze (or Honda Brio Amaze in Thailand) is not slated to come to the USA anytime soon. This baby packs a 90 horsepower, 1.2-liter i-VTEC that’s either hooked up to a five-speed manual or a CVT. The Honda Amaze should get about 47 mpg (U.S.) and should hold up to five people. The main draw for the Honda Amaze is its price which should be well under $18,000 U.S.

For small, emerging markets – that’s a bargain for a new Honda.Think of the Honda (Brio) Amaze as a smaller, less utilitarian, cheaper Honda Fit. The one pictured is a sedan version of the five-door hatchback. I don’t know about you, but I see a cross between an old Toyota Echo and a Chevy Aveo Sedan. Fortunately, the lines are less perplexing than the aforementioned.

2013-Honda-Brio-amaze-Sedan_32.jpg

What drew me to this story was the potential for a cheap Honda for our market. I mean, even the Honda Fit fetches nearly $20,000 for a logically optioned model. Something like the Honda Amaze, which would fetch the equivalent of $17,000 in more expensive, overseas markets, could have challenged the Nissan Versa and Chevrolet Spark in our market for cheapest base prices.

Source Will the new Honda Amaze impress tough markets | TFLCar.com: Automotive News, Views and ReviewsThe Fast Lane Car

- - - Merged Post - - -

Will this car have ability to write obituary on FIAT Punto/Linea? What FIAT will do to retain or improve sales?
    If there is Diesel CVT on offer it may draw even Verna customers