1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I know a variant of this where in Heaven you have a Japanese wife and in Hell you get a Japanese House.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2012
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    A Japanese employee and Japanese employer will also do fine:)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    I remember few years back when Qualis was quite successful (it was also very popular in taxi), still in it's heydays Toyota pulled it back when it launched Innova.

In Two-wheelers, Hero Honda Splendour (World's largest TW brand), is extremely successful. Honda wanted to pull it back as it feels, Spendour has run it's life and it's time to give space for new models. Hero never allowed Spelndour to be removed. Then came Spendour + , so on and so forth.
  4. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    If you expand your world beyond Fiat's you will see plenty of OHC's & other car's around. Much more then Palio's. Besides, you talk about 40 yr old Fiat's. I hardly see 20 yr old Uno's around. I hope you understand the 40 Yr old Fiat's are probably restored car's. These are vintage car's and painstakingly restored by passionate owner's. They have nothing to do with reliability. I can show you plenty of 1920's Mercedes or Jeep's. There are vintage car rallies held every year where you can see such car's performing well. It doesn't prove anything.

Indian's barely drive their car's. You want to see how long lasting Honda's & Toyota's are go to North America. You will find 10-15 yr old Honda's with 250,000 MILES on them running smoothly. A Fiat or a Peugeot would have probably rusted to oblivion in that time! Let's accept fact's.

Anyway, no one can wake up a person pretending to be asleep.

How do you know the engine is faulty or there is cost cutting which will harm the buyer? Let the car get launched then comment on reliability and long life.
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2012
    5 people like this.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    We have to wait and watch.

Having owned two FIAT's I sometimes think, own a Japanese for A-B mode of transport. They do that A-B job exceptionally well. I will surely look at Amaze when it is launched.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    That sounds like a blanket statement in the absence of any solid proofs. Definitely Honda and Toyota produce reliable cars crafted for comfort oriented Americans. But the statement that within 10-15 years Fiat will be rusted cannot be accepted. If maintained like Honda and Toyota they also last long. Fiat has no presence in the US and they didn't focus rightly on the US market to give a common mans cars like civic/corolla. Even if they produced Americans can't accept the small unit engines irrespective of their power out put. They failed in US market so relatively low demand for their cars and difficult to find well maintained cars.

Regarding Uno there are lot of Uno and Palio on road. I found them more than OHC. They are running well even with the support of local mechanics.
    May be there are few incidents of rusting cases but they are lot of Uno and Palio that can be found as fresh as new one. Look at the S10 that Nimish had bought.
    http://www.teamfiat.co.in/modifications-tuning/8186-project-s10-super-sport.html
    3 people like this.
  7. Hey Amit,
    I was in Japanese world all these times before 2010,btw I see quite a few UNO's running in Bangalore roads despite of low sales they out number OHC.

I have seen quite a number of FIAT's still running with original engine parts without rebuild.
    Between I own Zen still and considering buying brio AT for my father.
    When OHC was launched I liked it's big car looks,was thinking I should buy some thing like that.
    They were there and out sold open corsa and early Ford's.
    Now I still can spot corsa here and there but not OHC.
    I drive close to 80 kms a day in Bangalore.
    Any way Honda must have done some test with new engines let us wait and see.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sadly, this thread is again heading for a Japanese vs Europeans showdown!!

Why do we HAVE to say one is better than the other?! And not just accept them for what they are.

Secondly, why is anyone criticizing Japanese engineering based on what products we recieved here in India. That is what every manufacturer had to do to compete in India - compromise and cut costs. You think FIAT hasn't?

I had posted about this in another thread and will say it again. Do not comment about "Japanese Engg" just by observing these Citys or Etios etc. For the real Jap engineering stuff, look at the history of those automotive markets which were not so strangled by costs concerns and where Toyota , Honda and their compatriots could unleash their best.

It was Japanese engineering who taught the ENTIRE world that you can have reliability and performance and not blow a hole in your bank account. In motorcycles and cars. You just cannot dispute that.

Let's have some mature discussions here.
    6 people like this.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    To add another point, be it 15 year old or 20 year old Honda, one can get any spares for the car readily available too. :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Just saw SVP s review on Amaze in Japan. Really amazed to see how honda engineers are maintained rear space with 2 inch more free legroom space of SVP. He also mentined that enigine are not refined well and may be in production honda can take care of this.

This will be a great car in City within 4 mts sedan. And the car doesn't looks different, it has good look if you compare to Swift Dzire. Suzuki will be worst hit once it will launch, because honda has good ASS.

If Honda price it comparetively, for city driving it may hit Honda City's share.