1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. sungoa2010

Reason to believe it when it comes to Fiat Italy's support to Fiat india( 2009-present), but in Indian politics :confused: ;)
    2 people like this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Now, I got the clue for all this mess in our country. :D
    2 people like this.
  3. Reliability is relative ,in Bangalore there are more 40 year old FIAT's driven than so called reliable early M800's
    Reliability needs to measured with the usage lifeboat the car not in isolation.
    No wonder,I hardly see OHC's on road!!
    Any way my point was deisel being higher compresson ratio needs better engine side walls.
    I donot think Honda's cost cutting move is is any huge benefit to the buyer.
  4. sungoa2010

This kind of information will never go to public like it goes like in the case of Fiat service, fiat reliability bla bla bla.
    Even Honda will announce that it is going to bring the lightest diesel engine. :)
    2 people like this.
  5. You got my point, My friend has 1961 Fiat 1100 single owner car,once in an year we start the car and it starts with little effort after charging the battery over night.
    But car is still drivable other than electrical issues like battery,some bulbs and for some chewed wiring by rats car doesn't have a mechanical issue. I am actually planning to buy that car and restore it to past glory. just show actual photo to some one what exactly means long life and reliability means with a 51 year old car still being street worthy.
    I have seen several taxi's are still FIAT's in Mumbai.
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Neither I nor my family even bought Honda or any Japanese car but I agree with Amit & ramjn on Honda's reliability. It is indisputable. Most of my colleagues and friends have Honda's & I noticed that they hardly have to be sent to service station except for regular service. It goes on and on without bothering you. That's the reliability Amit & ramjn are talking about.

Last month I have been to Hong Kong. Hong Kong streets are literally "owned" by Toyota. More than 90% of cars running are Toyota. My friend visited India from US last month. We were discussing and I obviously brought up topic of car :). What he mentioned about US market is pretty much similar to what ramjn mentioned.
    1 person likes this.
  7. sungoa2010

:eek:fftopicOne thing that Toyota that deserve a praise is about their service. Innovas are as common as flue on Indian roads. Wherever you go you see plenty of them. Most of them are Taxis. Yet they gives good service. Nobody complaint about Toyota service centers filled with Taxis. Most of their customers are happy with service. When they landed on India they didn't start with Indian auto mobile major yet they succeeded to become one of the major player in their segment
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

I just saw the review on autocar and initial impressions seems to be good. They claim that the engine is very refined (Expected from honda). Turbo lag is also negligible it seems..
    Looks like honda might have another winner here
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

All i can say is LOL.
    How many of these 40 year old Fiats are running without restoration?
    Compare a OHC to a Palio which were being sold in the same time frame.
    I am pretty sure,you would find more Honda's,lets accept the Fact that when it comes to reliability Japs have an edge over all europeans
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Not too sure. I have never owned a OHC, so cannot comment on reliability. It sure is a fun to drive car. Having said that, I owned a Palio Slitle SLX 1.1 from December 2007 to August 2012 - almost 5 years. When I exchanged the car for the T-Jet, it had 77K on the ODO.

I paid 4.25 L OTR, another 75K for tyre upsize, ICE and other oddments during the ownership of the car. Changed to Michelin XM1+ on the day of delivery and then to Conti ECE at 48K Kms. Apart from regular service, I have not paid even 1 rupee due to parts failure, replacements, etc.

I hope this qualified for this car to be termed reasonably reliable.