1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I was just kidding man, lets not get into serious discussion about taxation in India.
    I always envied people of Goa for the cheap fuel they get, If you know what I mean ;) Taxation in India is stupid and no use cribbing about it
    1 person likes this.
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The top of line diesel would be around 9.49 lakhs give or take a few thousand bucks. This is similar to the Dzire pricing too. By the way, to throw the cat among the pigeons, the Linea Active diesel 2012 make retails around 9.2 lakhs after all discounts.

The top end Amaze seems a little over priced as compared to the middle variants.
  3. Surya

Surya Superiore

Namma Bengaluru
    at 25.6 kmpl with prices around 8 lakhs here surely its going to be the next cab or airport taxi for cheap commuting after the logan and dezire .
    1 person likes this.
  4. What about OTR prices in Goa? when i had been there last year I felt I am in some European country.Quality of life can be very good there.
    If IT companies in south encourage people working from distant places, I will go there.Hope to see you too there :)
    1 person likes this.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    9.45L for top end diesel is way too much. Neither the Amaze nor the Dzire deserve to be sold at these prices. Really, car's are too expensive in India!

It wouldn't give 25.6kmpl is real world driving conditions. I expect mileage to be +/- 3 to 5% of Dzire's. It's a different story if actual owner's take it personally and start reporting higher average then what they are actually getting :).

Sell of your MJD and buy a Punto Abarth or a Polo TSi when you move there :).

What do you guys feel about the half bonnet covering insulation material on the underside of the petrol Amaze's bonnet. Height's of cost cutting?!
  6. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Since it's a Honda I call it engineering marvel!
    6 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Just when i was wondering why no one thinks so, I see your post.
    I've not TD the amaze but if anything is to go by in India I would say "More the hype the riskier the proposition" .

- - - Merged Post - - -

Look at our bollywood movies for that matter? ;-)
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Just after the announcement of the pricing of Amaze, I shared my apprehensions here - http://www.teamfiat.co.in/non-fiat-...ze-thin-wall-diesel-engine-11.html#post168673

I am happy that I got my Linea MJD Emotion Pack for less price than the Amaze. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just for the information and record, VAT is higher in TN than KA which means that ex-showroom price in Chennai will be higher than that of Bangalore.
    1 person likes this.
  9. My grouse was only against Delhi, Chennai folks are bhai-bhai is donating money to Govt so that they can give high-end SUV's to politicians
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Guys, I feel the thread has served its purpose. So, closing it here.

If anyone needs to update it , say with a TD experience, report this post and the Mod Team will reopen it.

Cheers.

EDIT - Thread opened on request.
    6 people like this.