1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I really doubt if they would launch Jazz again in the Indian market. Honda did not make a good profit with Jazz. I think we can expect All new City Diesel next year.
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Ramjin, both the City & Jazz are coming in diesel engines very soon.
  3. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I would be happy to see the Jazz again, if launched. Personally, I am also a fan of Jazz. :)
    1 person likes this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Well, it applies to cars which are bought for only the brand name with blind faith and love for the brand. You can create your own list. :) Just an analogy, no offense, it's a fact that Hero Honda/Honda two wheelers sell the most in rural areas. Why? Cos the people who are not well informed about automobiles go by hear-say and the goodwill thus formed for the brand in their mind. They are not willing to take a risk with competitor brands that might be better in some way or the other. Likewise.

To those of you who are *waiting* for the Jazz diesel, guys, how much are you willing to shell out for a diesel hatchback which is fully loaded? Given the Jazz petrol pricing, the top-of-the line Jazz diesel should be competing with entry level sedans atleast with regards to the price is my hunch. I maybe wrong and Honda might price it right, just as it did the Amaze, am just speculating. You may compare it with any other cars in the same price bracket. Healthy discussion appreciated.
    2 people like this.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Visited one honda showroom to have a look on Amaze.

Nothing special from honda if we see Brio. But what really amazed me with Amaze's rear legroom & boot-space, along with rear design. May be these are the USP of Amaze to turn Honda's fortune in Compact Vehicle.

I am sure this will sell more than ( Brio+Jazz) other Honda's, may touch or cross easily Honda City's sell till City launch diesel.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Any brand is not created overnight & once made is not going to stick to you forever, if you don't work hard to maintain it. In fact, maintaining your brand & goodwill in the market is much more difficult then making it. A Honda or a Toyota are known all over the world for reliability and ease of maintenance and this image is not unfounded.

I, myself, have a Honda and when the car was delivered, I expected it to be like any Honda, supremely reliable & decently fuel efficient. And that is exactly what it has delivered. In 40,000kms, not a single part has been replaced and every service costs about Rs.5,000. Every time the car goes for service, all that my job card says is 'Service to be done', till date I have not made a single complaint about anything in the car. It's a totally fill it, shut it, forget it kind of car. I was never a fan of Honda but slowly I have come to appreciate it's strength's and today when someone asks me if a Honda is a good buy, I tell them to close their eyes and go for it. My exact words always are 'Buy it. You will never go wrong with a Honda.' Not many may agree but drive a City for an extended period of time and it is a VERY decent car to drive. I would say it does 70% of what a Fiat can and that is good enough for most car buyer's anywhere in the world.

A little bit of complacency and it would not take long for this image to crash. Trust me, Honda knows it and takes it's reputation very seriously. We deal with them and the way they respond to even a minor complaint about a part really makes me appreciate their quality processes. We have worked with them to develop parts for many cars including the Amaze and the dogged determination to get things right the first time is what impresses me about the Japanese. Developing a new engine is a HUGE amount of work and Honda got it's targeted dates accurate right down to the actual launch date!

My Fiat has also delivered exactly what I expected it to. It's got class leading steering & brilliant handling. It's manages to put a grin on my face while the City manages to make me smile. It also ended up being temperamental and moody as I expected. Not to mention high maintainence! Sadly, if I compare the work done in 40K kms in the Punto to keep it running with the City, it makes it clear why the Japanese brands enjoy a higher customer satisfaction level then European's.

After all, whether it is a Alto or a Ferrari, the owner wants a hassle free car doesn't he?

As for the Jazz diesel, the car is still a year away from release. Let's keep the discussion about it for the time when it will release.
    1 person likes this.
  7. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    No offenses! I felt that the handling is not in par with my punto.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    Out of sheer interest ,I went out and checked out AMAZE...

On paper it looks a rollicking offer...powerful engine,great mileage and Honda..

But I came out disappointed....cost cutting is evident,not great interiors,the car sheet itslef is very thin...

Car is not good looking either...

I can't pass a judgement since I did'nt test drive it...

But for looks,and build quality,,I give it a huge thumbs down...
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I like Jazz for what it offers. Spacious, cute looking with practical boot makes it a perfect family city car. :)
  10. Just adding point to what Amit wrote, I recently saw a Innova that came for service(oil change) at Pride cars, Harish showed me the color oil before change, there was no black colour in it oil was as good as new oil.In out MJD's you can see the oil turning black with in few kms, please don't have to believe me on this ,test it your self if you have access to a Innova.Oil check thing is on the left side of the engine bay towards your right hand.
    I was surprised to see it and Harish said he had opened several of the Innova engines but haven't seen any sludge inside engine.
    But if you look at the safety aspect it is no way near to FIAT but I did appreciate in my mind for their engineering wonders at the Engine level.
    There was also another car a Deisel Lancer which had come for radiator change,I had look at the initiators, I was literally surprised at the quality of plastics used each and every plastic was soft touch type,with nice texture and colours. Which is not even found in i 20's of the world(soft plastic).
    More than 10 year old car had fresh initiators which can put current brio/jazz to shame in terms of quality.
    Each car has it's own share of good and bad, as of now Japs are carrying the reliability trophy.

P.S: I am not fanboy of Toyota or Mitsubishi, nor i owned one of them.