1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

None taken. For starters, am not in for this stupid comparison. It's some random bloke who started this. And yes sir, I know that the jet is turbocharged and also that the jet is a 1.4 while the other is a 1.5. Let's keep the homework part aside and let the market decide. This thread is about honda's first diesel venture and talking about honda's expertise with gasoline or manure engines is OT here. Probably, I should have chosen the chat thread for my first post about amaze.

And yes guys, I know honda is a Honda and that is why the not so well informed herd chooses one. There is more to cars than just the badges and that's my opinion so let's peace out.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    8 people like this.
  2. Man superb quote,so true.
    2 people like this.
  3. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    For all, Vtec is a very good engine. But the world is moving to smaller, turbo charged/super charged direct injection technology which Honda is yet to move on to.

The rev happy nature of Vtecs and the engine is note is music to the ear, but the low end is a dud in the Vtec.

I foresee Amaze diesel doing good numbers even with a noisy diesel for a few reasons.

1. Etios too has a noisy diesel and its selling, so the more stylish Amaze (in comparison to Etios) would definitely sell.
    2. 100 PS and the mileage in big font + Honda badge will pull in customers.
    3. The pricing seems to be quiet decent, unless they take the introductory pricing route.

Let me see if I can get hold of test drive tomorrow to really see how good the diesel engine from Honda is.

And, completely agree to DRIV3R on his statement "There is more to cars than just the badges"
    1 person likes this.
  4. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Even after all the ordeal you went through , you are still vouching for FIAT. ::T
    1 person likes this.
  5. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    History will change when Linea Classic is launched. I badly need to test Honda Amaze diesel and wanna check the engine cut off feature of it.
    1 person likes this.
  6. nobrakes

nobrakes

Mumbai
    Love that line! I think Fiat India should make this their tagline!::T
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    That applies to every cars right ,say it be Indica dls or Alto800
  8. ...Touche...............
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    :evilsmile

Nothing more to add actually. Lets close the debate here please. :)
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  10. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    You wouldn't have to wait too long. The Jazz diesel is coming next year.
    1 person likes this.