1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Customers are being impressed by mentioning only power figure
    I mean 100 PS. But Honda didn't mentioned torque figure.

Afterall torque figure is imp. factor about drivability.
    Power is only reving capacity of engine.

How much torque of diesel engine of Honda?

Is it lower than multijet VGT? If yes then Honda is scaring to MJD
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    200nm@1750 as against 209nm@2000 of MJD.
  3. prasen123

prasen123 Amatore

Pune
    Consider from other angel. Honda , a big brand in the world, is now considering to go with diesel engine. So, doesn't their R&D considered, opened and checked the functionality of MJD engines? Surely yes. Honda must not be fool to provide a diesel engine, which would fail in India ( Like what they have experienced while selling Jazz Model in India ).

So now, other way round, do Honda is a competition to Fiat. -- YES.

Honda is advertising what people would like to see. 100 PS and 25.8 KMPL. Blindly, people would go and visit the car in showroom. Then, the conversion rate from enquiry to sale would be minimal.

Its brand value, its satisfaction to dealers, and overall Jap's reliability.

Fiat need to think about this.
    2 people like this.
  4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

It was really irritating for me today at office, when a group of non petrol heads were going gaga over the amaze, with a brochure in hand. I was smiling within anyway.

All they care about is two words, Honda and diesel.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Sniff sniff...burning smell...I think Mjd fans getting burns and boils from honda engine again.Previously ivtec gave a death certificate to tjet.
    2 people like this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    The worst part is, if you don't recommend them a Honda, you will not be considered an Auto Enthusiast by them. They will decide that you are ignorant. :)
    4 people like this.
  7. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Ahem, just to clarify, am no fan of any particular brand or engine. And thanks for your concerns but no burns or boils, you may check yourself first for any, being in a Fiat forum. ;)

I can only LOL on your I Vtec death certificate theory to the mighty T Jet. Am sorry but no comparison there. People like you should probably like cars like the Toyota Etios and the Honda Amaze.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  8. Folks, Please chill down, no matter what we discuss here Honda will sell decent numbers, that is due to premium tag in the minds of people.As well as good service provided by them.
    FIAT will pose questions to many of current established players in the market may be by 2014 or 2015,till then we all will jut witness to what is happening.
    Honda might have planned this Diesel entry some couple of years,Let us see how Ameze fares in the market.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

No offence,but Ivtec is a Naturally Aspirated engine,while Tjet is a Turbo charged engine,both engines are good in their own sweet ways.
    While tjet scores in driveability and in gear acceleration figures,honda's Vtec and Ivtec whoop it when it comes to outright acceleration.
    When it comes to gasoline engines,lets accept that Honda has always had an edge over the competition.
    Coming to Amaze,i am pretty sure that Honda has done their homework here as well.
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    As many people said, Honda is a Honda and it will sell. They have priced the amaze perfectly and it will eat the market. I would have fell for it If they had plonked this engine in a hatch like Jazz:D

tasting the Italian delight!
    1 person likes this.