1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Honda Brio Amaze: Thin wall Diesel engine

Discussion in 'Non FIAT Cars and two wheelers' started by Sat-Chit-ananda, Nov 21, 2012.

1. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Read the review of Amaze on TBHP. MJD is favoured when compared to IDTEC. I like the power output of IDTEC though ;)
  2. praful

praful

Bangalore
    IMO this has become more of a EU cars vs. Rest of the World thread more than a Honda Amaze thread.

No matter how much ever hue and cry we raise and bang our heads against the walls, at the end of the day its a Honda. It will sell!

On topic, It will be interesting to see how Honda prices the Amaze since technically its competitors are Etios/Indigo/Dzire. But Honda being Honda, I expect it to be priced above the market by a decent margin.
    1 person likes this.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Both AutoCar India & TBHP say that the refinement of the IDTEC engine is not as good as MJD. It remains to be seen how buyer's respond to the higher noise levels in a Amaze as compared to a Dzire.

Did any of you notice the picture of the half engine insulation in the petrol Dzire!? What is Honda thinking! :evilsmile

Honda has learnt it's lesson on pricing in India and hopefully they know that there is a limit to the premium the Honda brand can command. In my view, anything more then 25-30K more then Dzire and the Amaze will struggle in the long run.
  4. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

Honda Amaze launched with competitive pricing by Honda!
    The base variant of iDtec has ex-showroom price same as Dzire LDI. 5.99 lakhs New Delhi.
    It has ABS + EBD along with power steering, windows and AC (manual). I doubt Dzire base variant has ABS + EBD.
    Looks really VFM ! Bookings at Honda are surely going to increase and increase.
    1 person likes this.
  5. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I had read somewhere that the MJD weighs 125 kgs , Renault-Nissan's k9k weighs 127 kgs and the i-DTEC weighs 152 kgs. Than how come Honda say its the lightest engine? Leaving aside the size i.e MJD is 1.3L while i-DTEC is 1.5L, its heavier even when compared with the k9k 1.5L.
    1 person likes this.
  6. punto-er

punto-er Amatore

Bengaluru
    Here is a clarification from the tbhp review "1.5L diesel weighs 152 kgs. Lightest diesel engine compared to those with similar power ratings. It's heavier than the 1.3L MJD though (~130 kilos)" . I think is the difference with our MJD is that this uses a FGT to produce the 99BHP where the Fiat MJD produces 75bhp with FGT and 90bhp with VGT. Correct me if I've misunderstood though.
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  7. Dipesh_enr

Dipesh_enr Amatore

Mumbai
    I think the weight of the MJD given here is of VGT engine that of a Linea as the comparison of power done was on basis of Linea's engine. Even if we keep aside MJD for a while, the Renault-Nissan k9k produces more power and is still lighter than the i-DTEC.
    1 person likes this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    My apprehensions on the i-DTEC engine has increased further. As I said earlier, we will have to wait for few years to know about the reliability of i-DTEC. Honda is offering 2 years or 40,000 Kms as standard warranty. And no extended warranty is offered currently for the Diesel Variants.

Just to see this against the MJD, Fiat is offering 3 years/1,00,000 Kms as standard and another 2 years offered as extended warranty. :)

No. I don't think so looking at the top-end variant VX i-DTEC, the pricing looks way higher to me. Just looked at the Pune pricing for the top-end Diesel variant. It costs 7.86L (Ex-showroom) and the OTR is 8.93L. In Chennai/Bangalore, the ex-showroom will be higher than this and the OTR will not be less than 9.5L which means that I got my Linea MJD Emotion Pack less than the price of Amaze VX i-DTEC. :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good catch :up
  10. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

I was only hinting at the base variant being vfm. True the top of the line variant goes into the category of base variants of Verna/Vento/Rapid and as you said Linea Emo..